The AAF Thread

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

That was an impressive first half. Not perfect, not elite like the NFL but I’m impressed. I was expecting a disaster.

I enjoyed it.  Liked not having kick offs more than I thought I would and the speed of the game has been better than expected.  I'll tune in tomorrow but too late on the east coast to watch the rest of it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Me too. I was expecting XFL inaugarual disaster. It has not been close to that. Impressive inaugural weekend. If they keep this up all season I can see it having a chance at lasting. Looks like they even got a decent crowd. Knowing San Antonio (lived there for a few years) it is the perfect market for this. San Antonio is something like the 5th largest city in the country, and it has ONE professional sports team from the big 5 (NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, NHL). They are desperate and deserving of another sport to cheer on. The evidence lies in the San Antonio Rampage. Always a good crowd in an area, the south, that isn’t historically supporting of NHL or AHL franchises. 

I'd much rather see San Antonio and Portland get a team than two in LA, but money talks I guess.

unfortunately week one are the only games broadcast OTA.  The rest of the season requires a cable subscription (CBS Sports Network and NFL Network) or a streaming service called BR Live (Bleacher Report).  BR Live is a new streaming service that is currently free but will become a pay service

42 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Funny but the officiating seems better.

Officials on the field seem like the better nfl officials from what i saw- the AAF is far superior in review. The lady in orlando explains her thoughts and told her helpers to find a angle that shows her something different or it stays. I have enjoyed games so far.

My overall opinion is except for QB play this league represents mainly rotational NFL talent. RB and WR seem like talent wise equal to most 2nd stringers- could be Bills recievers this past year. Hopefully not next year.