The AAF Thread

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I doubt it.  It was far fetched and doomed because of that from the moment it was launched. Anyone who paid any attention at all could have seen this coming.

No real interest from the NFL.

No TV contract (it’s rumored they paid for their telecasts.

The usual D list rosters.

Little local appeal for the chosen cities.

All teams owned by the league.

A real shocker

...normal business protocol is to craft a three year business plan.....I'd fire whomever crafted that on a roll of Charmin' to be out of money and belly up after week 8......probably had Madoff as a Senior Financial Advisor......and how the hell could Polian even consider having his name attached to this mess?...seriously............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...normal business protocol is to craft a three year business plan.....I'd fire whomever crafted that on a roll of Charmin' to be out of money and belly up after week 8......probably had Madoff as a Senior Financial Advisor......and how the hell could Polian even consider having his name attached to this mess?...seriously............

Madoff made big returns for years at first.

i doubt Polian would care to look to deep into the financials.  They were offering a job. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Madoff made big returns for years at first.

i doubt Polian would care to look to deep into the financials.  They were offering a job. 

..he can STILL advise from PRISON, right?.....and wouldn't you think Polian may be a tad smarter than to ***** his name to something that was going to be an abysmal failure?....

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..he can STILL advise from PRISON, right?.....and wouldn't you think Polian may be a tad smarter than to ***** his name to something that was going to be an abysmal failure?....

What real difference does it make to him at this point? It’s not like he’s suddenly not going to get an nfl job because of it 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

...PRICELESS.....who is smarter?...L'veon and his "crown jewels" or Tom Dum-dum really expecting his money back?......

Tom Dundon wants his $70 million back from the AAF

Posted by Mike Florio on June 25, 2019, 1:05 PM EDT

Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon is having a case of buyer’s remorse. But it could be too late for Dundon to get a refund.

Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com reports that Dundon has filed a claim in the Alliance of American Football’s bankruptcy case. Dundon alleges that his investment happened due to “misrepresentations,” and he seeks a full refund of the $70 million he paid to keep the league afloat for five or six weeks during its only season, before Dundon shuttered it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/25/tom-dundon-wants-his-70-million-back-from-the-aaf/

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...PRICELESS.....who is smarter?...L'veon and his "crown jewels" or Tom Dum-dum really expecting his money back?......

Tom Dundon wants his $70 million back from the AAF

Posted by Mike Florio on June 25, 2019, 1:05 PM EDT

Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon is having a case of buyer’s remorse. But it could be too late for Dundon to get a refund.

Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com reports that Dundon has filed a claim in the Alliance of American Football’s bankruptcy case. Dundon alleges that his investment happened due to “misrepresentations,” and he seeks a full refund of the $70 million he paid to keep the league afloat for five or six weeks during its only season, before Dundon shuttered it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/25/tom-dundon-wants-his-70-million-back-from-the-aaf/

i doubt he expects to get much back but he can make sure he holds all rights to whatever money comes out of this trash heap. if he gains the total rights to the patents from the app he might make a few million there right off the bat.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

i doubt he expects to get much back but he can make sure he holds all rights to whatever money comes out of this trash heap. if he gains the total rights to the patents from the app he might make a few million there right off the bat.

...the AAF was a BIGGER disaster than Chernobyl......Madoff had to write the business plan...next up is Vince and the XFL........stay tuned...............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the AAF was a BIGGER disaster than Chernobyl......Madoff had to write the business plan...next up is Vince and the XFL........stay tuned...............

HEY nobody died here- just a bunch of careers. also give Madoff some credit be was able to string along his fake career for decades- this was set up by someone with much less ambition.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

HEY nobody died here- just a bunch of careers. also give Madoff some credit be was able to string along his fake career for decades- this was set up by someone with much less ambition.

...seriously?...in my current position serving as CFO/IT Ops Director and on the Executive Board for the last 20 years, if I offered up a 3 or 5 year business plan and we went belly up in four months, I'd be wrapping your Big Mac and handing you the biggie fries through the window.....

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

if he gains the total rights to the patents from the app he might make a few million there right off the bat.

I suspect that was Dundon's plan all along.  He knew the  league would eventually fold but wanted intellectual property rights to their apps.  But I don't think he anticipated just how quickly the league would fold and is trying to get his money back plus keep the IP

Dude's trying to have his cake and eat it too, with a full refund

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?...in my current position serving as CFO/IT Ops Director and on the Executive Board for the last 20 years, if I offered up a 3 or 5 year business plan and we went belly up in four months, I'd be wrapping your Big Mac and handing you the biggie fries through the window.....

i think we need a sarcasm indicator- i was trying to imply that who ever set this up was much lazier than madoff.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Sir, a Big Mac is from McDonalds and Biggie Fries are from Wendy's; are you proposing that you would somehow merge these two fast food giants simply because you were able to accomplish a 3-5 year business plan in a meer 4 months?!  Balderdash! :)

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....LMAO!...the famous "Latrel Spreewell line"...............:thumbsup:

I was thinking specifically of of Rob Ryan's recent statement, but in general, it applies to all kinds of uber-wealthy people, including Spreewell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

Sir, a Big Mac is from McDonalds and Biggie Fries are from Wendy's; are you proposing that you would somehow merge these two fast food giants simply because you were able to accomplish a 3-5 year business plan in a meer 4 months?!  Balderdash! :)

......LOL....yet ANOTHER senior moment......I actually patronize NEITHER.....................:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Those are some serious high level business meetings...:pirate: