The AAF Thread

10 hours ago, NickelCity said:

The fewer teams in Texas the better amirite.

I'm betting Jerruh is thinking MORE Texas teams in the AAF. Move some of the weaker locations to Texas cities. It would actually make a ton of sense. Travel is a big expense. How much can you save if teams could bus it to games?

San Antonio is THE AAF success story attendance-wise. You know Jerruh wants a team in his Frisco mini-palace. Now imagine teams in the Houston suburbs, Waco, Austin, Oklahoma City, Baton Rouge and El Paso?

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm betting Jerruh is thinking MORE Texas teams in the AAF. Move some of the weaker locations to Texas cities. It would actually make a ton of sense. Travel is a big expense. How much can you save if teams could bus it to games?

San Antonio is THE AAF success story attendance-wise. You know Jerruh wants a team in his Frisco mini-palace. Now imagine teams in the Houston suburbs, Waco, Austin, Oklahoma City, Baton Rouge and El Paso?

Yeah, take the only franchise selling seats and split into 4 other regional franchises.  That's a great idea!

The AAF is averaging 13,700 per game.  No ratings.  Vultures circling.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The AAF is averaging 13,700 per game.  No ratings.  Vultures circling.

I'm afraid what the average attendance would look like without San Antonio propping up the numbers

I really hope the AAF ratings pick up and it survives a few years.  It's surprisingly good football

I hope the league survives but my interest level is...meh...

Tried to watch the local Arizona team on TV, but it becomes more of a go back channel thing than an interesting watch

Team plays 15 minutes down the road, but I haven't even considered going and don't know anyone who has.  I wonder what their attendance figures are?

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I'm afraid what the average attendance would look like without San Antonio propping up the numbers

I really hope the AAF ratings pick up and it survives a few years.  It's surprisingly good football

Once they attempt to start charging for the broadcast rights (instead of giving them away, or even paying the networks' costs), the league will fold.  They can't make payroll and expenses with gate receipts.

13 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

I hope the league survives but my interest level is...meh...

Tried to watch the local Arizona team on TV, but it becomes more of a go back channel thing than an interesting watch

Team plays 15 minutes down the road, but I haven't even considered going and don't know anyone who has.  I wonder what their attendance figures are?

I’m just obsessed with football, so I watch anytime any of it is on TV. NFL Network is on my TV hours each day. I watch all the game replays. During football season, it’s college anytime it’s on and NFL every Thursday, all day Sunday, and every Monday. Saturday’s I’ll have multiple college games on. Sunday’s I’ll watch the Bills and then Redzone and then Sunday night. I have loved having the Alliance to watch when there isn’t any other live football on. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Once they attempt to start charging for the broadcast rights (instead of giving them away, or even paying the networks' costs), the league will fold.  They can't make payroll and expenses with gate receipts.

Did the Alliance steal your lunch money in school or something? What’s the downside to having Football on during the off season. It’s not like it’s watering down the NFL’s talent pool. 

Edited by Bills2ref

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m just obsessed with football, so I watch anytime any of it is on TV. NFL Network is on my TV hours each day. I watch all the game replays. During football season, it’s college anytime it’s on and NFL every Thursday, all day Sunday, and every Monday. Saturday’s I’ll have multiple college games on. Sunday’s I’ll watch the Bills and then Redzone and then Sunday night. I have loved having the Alliance to watch when there isn’t any other live football on. 

Did the Alliance steal your lunch money in school or something? What’s the downside to having Football on during the off season. It’s not like it’s watering down the NFL’s talent pool. 

If an alternative pro football team as a concept was fresh and exciting, i would be more interested.  But it's not.  I have nothing against those who derive pleasure from watching this type of football, but can we stop pretending it's something that it will never be?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

If an alternative pro football team as a concept was fresh and exciting, i would be more interested.  But it's not.  I have nothing against those who derive pleasure from watching this type of football, but can we stop pretending it's something that it will never be?

Are there actually people crazy enough to think it’s an NFL competitor?