The AAF Thread

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the announcers during the Appolo game just said Johnny Manziel signed with the AAF. What team should be interesting.

This should be fun.:w00t:

Edited by stosh64

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So the announcers during the Apollos game just said Johnny Manziel signed with the AAF. What team should be interesting.

They said it'll be waivers, so it'll just deoend on who claims him 

11 hours ago, The Senator said:

Who’s next?  Chad Kelly?

When they made the Johnny Manziel announcement last night I immediately turned to Hubby and said I was surprised Chad Kelly wasn't playing.  I would not be surprised to see him there in the future.  Maybe he is waiting for his legal troubles to be settled? 

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Impressive atmosphere at San Antonio tonight. Also, Cyril Richardson in action for the Commanders.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why San Antonio only has one big 5 team (NHL, NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA). 7th largest city in the country, and one hour away from the 11th largest city (Austin), which has ZERO big 5 teams. They come out in droves to support the Spurs of the NBA and support the Rampage of the AHL well. They have the Alamodome with a capacity of around 70k in the heart of the city which is sitting unused, other than the alliance now. At the absolute least, they should have an MLS team. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I can’t for the life of me figure out why San Antonio only has one big 5 team (NHL, NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA). 7th largest city in the country, and one hour away from the 11th largest city (Austin), which has ZERO big 5 teams. They come out in droves to support the Spurs of the NBA and support the Rampage of the AHL well. They have the Alamodome with a capacity of around 70k in the heart of the city which is sitting unused, other than the alliance now. At the absolute least, they should have an MLS team. 

Because major league sports is a cartel with existing franchises in Dallas and Houston.  Putting a team in San Antonio or Austin would cut into the market of an existing cartel member. 

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

If I remember when the Raiders were on the annual blackmail cities the Alamodome wasn't good enough for them and they wanted a new one built. Looks pretty good tonight

39 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If I remember when the Raiders were on the annual blackmail cities the Alamodome wasn't good enough for them and they wanted a new one built. Looks pretty good tonight

It’s definitely a bit dated. But I think a facelift would be pretty economical. The location of it is absolutely stellar. Literally a 5 minute walk from the river walk. The river walk contains as many bars and restaurants as you can imagine. Completely perfect for a downtown stadium/arena. 

11 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

It’s definitely a bit dated. But I think a facelift would be pretty economical. The location of it is absolutely stellar. Literally a 5 minute walk from the river walk. The river walk contains as many bars and restaurants as you can imagine. Completely perfect for a downtown stadium/arena. 

Not disputing any thing about the dome or city. Just saying thats the crap leagues pull.

30 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not disputing any thing about the dome or city. Just saying thats the crap leagues pull.

Oh for sure. But even if a brand new stadium needed to be constructed. I just can’t believe no major sports owner or prospective owner hasn’t tried to enter the 7th biggest city in the country.