The AAF Thread

After seeing how this is going, I have even less hope for the XFL.

There's some things they could learn from the AAF, but there's also a foundation-level decision that's going to work against them IMO.

Even though the advantages they could have by all being owned by Vince, having negotiated TV deals well in advance, they already have a multi-million install base with their streaming service, and can advertise to a large audience free of charge, the key mistake they made is the location of their founding teams.

Instead of picking smaller cities in regions with more passionate, loyal fans who would probably be thrilled to get a chance at a pro football team, they went with established big markets that not only have NFL teams, but have countless other pro sports teams & things to do in the spring instead of going to XFL games.

If they picked markets like the AAF targeted, then used their advertising and marketing connections to their advantage, I have a feeling it could turn into a more financially stable AAF. But going with cities like New York, San Francisco and Dallas (they did hit up St. Louis so that's one good choice) will get you ignored worse than the Chargers in LA.

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

After seeing how this is going, I have even less hope for the XFL.

There's some things they could learn from the AAF, but there's also a foundation-level decision that's going to work against them IMO.

Even though the advantages they could have by all being owned by Vince, having negotiated TV deals well in advance, they already have a multi-million install base with their streaming service, and can advertise to a large audience free of charge, the key mistake they made is the location of their founding teams.

Instead of picking smaller cities in regions with more passionate, loyal fans who would probably be thrilled to get a chance at a pro football team, they went with established big markets that not only have NFL teams, but have countless other pro sports teams & things to do in the spring instead of going to XFL games.

If they picked markets like the AAF targeted, then used their advertising and marketing connections to their advantage, I have a feeling it could turn into a more financially stable AAF. But going with cities like New York, San Francisco and Dallas (they did hit up St. Louis so that's one good choice) will get you ignored worse than the Chargers in LA.

I think the xfl's only chance is to start going after larger name players or college players. I dont think they can compete with nfl or ncaa tho. They need to be like the usfl but with a lot more money to keep it afloat until its profitable. I dont see them succeeding. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

29 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think the xfl's only chance is to start going after larger name players or college players. I dont think they can compete with nfl or ncaa tho. They need to be like the usfl but with a lot more money to keep it afloat until its profitable. I dont see them succeeding. 

It's pretty obvious the NFL favors the AAF. I mean they are on NFLN. Jerruh Jones is seen wearing an AAF cap. They want the league to succeed. It only helps them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It's pretty obvious the NFL favors the AAF. I mean they are on NFLN. Jerruh Jones is seen wearing an AAF cap. They want the league to succeed. It only helps them. 

For the second time in their existence, I do believe the NFL would like to see a minor league succeed. 

48 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I'd like to bring WR Mekale McKay to camp.

Big Play McKay would not be a bad addition

17 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yeah i think the nfl wants the aaf to to do well but was replying to post about how the XFL is going to succeed. 

I also think the NFL wants to smother the XFL in its crib. Another reason to back the AAF. They didn't forget about the first incarnation of the XFL.

• Like (+1) 1