The AAF Thread

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I see that LB AJ Tarpley is attempting a comeback in the AAF. Does anyone know if the Bills still retain his NFL rights seeing as how he retired from their active roster due to concerns over repeated concussions?

No. The Bills' claim to Tarpley is gone. He would be a free agent.

I did have a thought about how the NFL and AAF could mix rosters.

What if the NFL draft expanded to 10-12 rounds? Any player drafted after the 7th round that does not make an NFL roster, but is signed to an AAF team, that NFL team would retain their rights for 2 years. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No. The Bills' claim to Tarpley is gone. He would be a free agent.

I did have a thought about how the NFL and AAF could mix rosters.

What if the NFL draft expanded to 10-12 rounds? Any player drafted after the 7th round that does not make an NFL roster, but is signed to an AAF team, that NFL team would retain their rights for 2 years. Thoughts?

I think thats a pretty great idea.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/02/19/aaf-football-power-rankings-orlando-apollos-arizona-hotshots/2912672002/

Exactly what I would pick.

Week 3 schedule. This week begins Saturday afternoon live streams through Bleacher Report Live.

Arizona at Salt Lake

Saturday, Feb. 23

3 p.m.

B/R Live

Memphis at Orlando

Saturday, Feb. 23

8 p.m.

NFL Network

Birmingham at Atlanta

Sunday, Feb. 24

4 p.m.

CBS Sports Network

San Antonio at San Diego

Sunday, Feb. 24

8 p.m.

NFL Network

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:16 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

A faster receiver would have been gone for 6. Still a nice throw. Garrett Gilbert is, IMO, the top QB in the AAF and will be in an NFL camp this summer.

Garrett was born in Buffalo July 1, 1991. Looks like he got his father's abilities.

Arizona vs Salt Lake uniforms looks like a Packers vs Lions Color Rush

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just a minute ago a Navy Federal banner appeared at the bottom and the announcer said that military families can upgrade their seats in recognition of their service.  i think everybody can upgrade their seats to an entire row