The AAF Thread

Hackenberg still sucks...

Kinda surprised they started him

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

They have been getting around 15-20K at most games. But what gives the AAF it's operating capital is TV money.

Yeah, I'm watching on NFL Network. They made some good TV deals.

Too bad CBS only broadcast the first week.

Going to the game last week was a great experience, though. I got to sit close to the action for cheap. 

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Hackenberg still sucks...

Kinda surprised they started him

Yeah, I'm watching on NFL Network. They made some good TV deals.

Too bad CBS only broadcast the first week.

Going to the game last week was a great experience, though. I got to sit close to the action for cheap. 

What do you think of the sky cam?  Have you noticed how the camera is just above the play? I think it's great 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What do you think of the sky cam?  Have you noticed how the camera is just above the play? I think it's great 

They're utilizing it more from the side, instead of relying on a dedicated sideline camera man. 

I like it. They get the side view and then cruise over the play as it's happening. It seems to work well so far.

Maybe they're just doing it because they don't want to pay for extra camera-men, though.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They're utilizing it more from the side, instead of relying on a dedicated sideline camera man. 

I like it. They get the side view and then cruise over the play as it's happening. It seems to work well so far.

Maybe they're just doing it because they don't want to pay for extra camera-men, though.

It looks like EA NFL.

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I love that. I hate how the NFL makes us stare at the quarterback every play. If he holds the ball and scrambles/takes a sack rather than throwing it we don't know if it's a good, disciplined play with nobody open or if there are open receivers and he just can't scan the field. I wish the NFL would change the broadcast angle so we can see what the heck is happening

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Question: if the AAF is competing with the NFL, why is the NFL Network showing their games?

Also - if they were competing, why are they playing during NFL's off season?

And why is each AAF team affiliated with multiple NFL teams?

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is no affiliation on the part of the NFL.  The AAF decided to set up their regional structure in that way.

NFLN is showing the games because they are free.  In fact no network is paying to televise these games because they did not want to lose money broadcasting them.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

They aren't competing with the NFL. Their goal is to compliment the NFL.

Edited by MJS