The AAF Thread

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My overall opinion is except for QB play this league represents mainly rotational NFL talent. RB and WR seem like talent wise equal to most 2nd stringers

These guys aren't even practice squad caliber. Practice squad players in the NFL make $130,000 a year. AAF players are paid around $83,000 a year.

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

These guys aren't even practice squad caliber. Practice squad players in the NFL make $130,000 a year. AAF players are paid around $83,000 a year.

That's actually a pretty good wage for someone trying to hang on to a dream.  It's got to be tons better than Arenaball salaries.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I will disagree with you and will point out that to many guys losing 40 grand to show your abilities and potentially make a million is worth it. Also showed during game- more UFA in NFL than any round besides first. First impressions can change. BTW " your a damn fool Happy" love that movie as does my 13 and 8 year old who have seen edited versions.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
Wanr t

Couple thoughts.

Good start for the league. Very respectable crowd in San Antonio. Noisy too. 

Don't worry about two games on at the same time. The rest of the season games will be at different times.

I thought the pace of the game is a selling point.  And considering these teams only had about a month to practice together, the quality of play was up there. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

This seemed good any players standout to anyone?

WR Mekale McKay on the Commanders made plays all day. Got good separation. I'm not sure who was covering him.

RB Ja'Quan Gardner of the Fleet. He's stout and explosive. Looks like he just needs these valuable reps in order to become NFL material.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

These guys are at least PS caliber and 2nd string at best. It was like watching a preseason game, but the coaches are actually trying to win. As this league grows, I think the player caliber will only get better. Players actually see a shot to get back into the NFL through this league. NFL scouts are already attending the games.

Hopefully, high school players can eventually skip college if they want and go straight to this minor league. They can make a bunch of money and be put on a focused NFL development plan right away.

46 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

WR Mekale McKay on the Commanders made plays all day. Got good separation. I'm not sure who was covering him.

RB Ja'Quan Gardner of the Fleet. He's stout and explosive. Looks like he just needs these valuable reps in order to become NFL material.

McKay did play well I think though he did seem to get shut down in the second half but I really liked when he called his shot and was there but the ball just didn't quite get there.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Actually i think Ron Brooks of Bills fame was on him.

Going thru this thread, I am reminded for the first time in many, many years of the Continental Football League from back in the late 60’s when I was a kid. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Football_League

Never saw a game, but I would read about them in the back of my Street and Smith mags. Pretty interesting names were associated with them, like Jackie Robinson.

• Like (+1) 1