The AAF Thread

4 hours ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Whoa! I somehow missed that rule!  NOT a fan of that at all.  That makes me a little more skeptical of the success of the league.  Wonder if we see a lot of teams week in and week out putting up 50 pts, with rules holding back the defenses.

Makes me skeptical, too. I don't think kickoffs or extra points are a big deal, but they shouldn't drastically change the fundamentals of the game. 

That seems to be the only rule against the defense.

59 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

What I would like is if the NFL teams could have rights to so many players each before this league kicks off each year. So maybe each team would have between 3-5 players that they would essentially own the rights to. That way it'd give us fans more of a rooting interest because we'd be looking out to see how our Bills players, or potential Bills players, were doing. If one of them led the league in rushing or passing or sacks etc. we'd probably have a lot of interest in seeing how that guy did during training camp with the Bills

...terribly sad that NFL owners are so cash strapped that they cannot subscribe to minor league development network like MLB, NHL or even NBA........think a GoFundMe page is appropriate...

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I also initially thought the yardage was a bit too short. However, I would like to see the stats that went into that decision. I am sure they looked at how likely it was to get X yards on any one play, and arrived at a percentage they liked. If I had to guess, the conversion percentage for a 4th and 12 would be around 20%. I am completely fine with that being the “onside kick” conversion percentage. 

Also, teams are only allowed to go for the "onside kick conversion" either when they're down by 17 or more points, or when they're trailing with 5 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter. Those two added provisions means teams won't be doing this unless they absolutely have to. Personally, I think 4th and 15 is the perfect distance for this play.

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because the Iron have terratorial rights to Ex-Bills players. 

What happens if a guy was an ex player of more then 1 team?

London should have tried to get a team in this league and experiment with the logistics before it happens in the nfl. Also some of these cities that lost NFL teams should try and get back in. St Louis, eventually Oakland.

46 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What happens if a guy was an ex player of more then 1 team?

London should have tried to get a team in this league and experiment with the logistics before it happens in the nfl. Also some of these cities that lost NFL teams should try and get back in. St Louis, eventually Oakland.

Too expensive for trans- Atlantic flights. 

5 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

There were 5 TD’s total in the NFL this year on kick returns. That is a percent of .00515. Out of 970 kickoffs. Touchbacks amount to 60% of kickoffs. Flags seemingly amount for the other 39% percent.  NFL’s rules have killed the kickoff, it is time to eliminate it all together. When you are getting a touchback or flag on the vast majority of the play, it is pointless. All they do is slow down the game. 

Either re-tweak it or actually kill it. To keep it on it’s death bed just to say you have it isn’t my favorite approach.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

The opening on CBS right now is getting me a little hyped.

This could be a good thing for the NFL.

I'm going to give it a chance and hopefully enjoy some football:thumbsup:

Agree. Let's see how this game goes. If this game is entertaining and fast paced, they may have something 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really haven't been paying attention to this. Just happened to be in front of the TV when a game was coming on. I admit I'm a little intrigued.

Used to live in Birmingham way back when there was an arena team (Birmingham Fire). Went to a couple of games but I really wasn't a football fan at the time. It took moving to Buffalo to turn me into a fan - my wife gives me constant hell about my radical change of heart. ?

I'll definitely watch a few games just to see how it goes. Baseball & hockey (and I imagine every other major sport) have "minor" leagues. I think it's high time football has one, too. 

Edited by SloanBillsFan