The AAF Thread

9 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I was hoping that one of these startup leagues would actually partner with the NFL and be a true minor league where NFL teams could develop guys that they signed to futures contracts or guys that were on practice squads.

That will come with time if it comes at all. The league has to show that it is viable and successful first.

I will check out a play or 2 and do believe its a different animal than the xfl and has a chance to stick around for over a year. I'm betting the over.

To many main players in this league to think its just a sideshow.

As to your original question....I wouldn't mind having its own forum just so I won't need to scroll thru the "lets get player A as he's tearing up the competition" threads.

If it flops just hit F5 or have Jay become the administrator of that forum and it will self destruct?

PS...I know I'll be getting my Birmingham Tattoo shortly!  (what is their team name again?)

Edited by The Tomcat

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I was hoping that one of these startup leagues would actually partner with the NFL and be a true minor league where NFL teams could develop guys that they signed to futures contracts or guys that were on practice squads.

This ^^^.   Have the NFL fund the league, and make it a true development/feeder league.

Edited by LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, elcrusho said:

I wish I was going to the Orlando game this weekend but I'll be at Epcot for my daughters birthday...

The "Old ball coach" Steve Spurrier is the head coach. I just picked them because I liked the team name and need to have a rooting interest if I'm going to watch

Just now, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

The "Old ball coach" Steve Spurrier is the head coach. I just picked them because I liked the team name and need to have a rooting interest if I'm going to watch

I'm excited to bring my Bills 10x10 tent to tailgate - they're playing at UCF's house 

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Cottrell?   There’s a blast from the past.  Bored with retirement?

9+ years ago I went to a UFL game where he was the head coach of the NY Sentinels.  The game was 11/12/09 and was played in Hartford Ct.  One player from that game went back to the NFL and is still playing -Falcons K Matt Bryant.  

So, if I was crazy enough to go to a UFL game, you know I'll be watching Saturday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Same here.  Same reasoning I used when I picked the "Orlando Magic" many years ago....though I barely follow the NBA (only draft time).

40 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

Before Spurrier went on to become one of the biggest names in college coaching he was the coach of the USFL's Tampa Bay Bandits.  When the USFL folded I wanted the Bills to fire Hank Bullough & hire Spurrier.  That was before I read the 1986 media guide where it stated in Bill Polian's bio his close ties with Marv Levy.  Anyone who read that bio knew that it was only a matter of time before Marv was going to come in & replace Bullough.  I wonder if Bullough ever read it & realized he was dead coach walking. 

• Haha (+1) 1