All-22 on Jerry Hughes from 2018: Still a “Terrifying Presence”

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

everything here is fair. I cant disagree with any of these points, guys..... I'd just like to see the guy bring the qb down a couple more times a season.

He's not quite elite.... That's another part of it. He's good...  maybe even very good

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All-22 review: Jerry Hughes better be back with the Buffalo Bills in 2019

Jerry Hughes doesn’t need my GIFs to show you he’s still a terrifying presence, but we’re bringing them to you anyway.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-analysis-all-22/2019/1/31/18202962/all-22-review-jerry-hughes-better-be-back-with-the-buffalo-bills-in-2019-defensive-end

One of Whaley's better decisions. 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Bruh...no they don't.  He hasn't had big sack numbers since 2014 and commits unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for running his mouth to the refs...these are always topics they bring up.

I havent seen any BILLS fans hate on him.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

“I think if you look at the overall passing game, the statistic that stands out the most in terms of correlation is pressure. So pressure on the quarterback leads to more bad plays than sacks do, in terms of turnovers unless you have strip sacks, obviously. That’s the No. 1. After that, pressures cause bad throws and potentially turnovers.”

- Bill Belichick

Yeah, but what does THAT guy know about football???

?

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I like hughes. I see no reason he should be cut lose but I get very tired of the "pressures" argument for him. its always the same thing with him. "He may not be getting numbers but he's having a great season".... i'm just not a fan of that. the good pass rushers in the nfl are perennially approaching double digit sacks. at what point can we finally say that may matter a bit? the good ones regularly get home on a year to year basis.

I like hughes. solid player. don't want him to go. we need somebody better to be counted on as "the guy" in the pass rush. 

I think we need both Hughes and a slightly better/preferably younger version of Hughes. You can NEVER have enough pass rushers.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Good player. Not a great player. Great players get the sacks as well as the pressures. He needs another quality pass rusher on the opposite side in order to truly be effective.

Get him somebody on the other side and I betcha his numbers increase.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All-22 review: Jerry Hughes better be back with the Buffalo Bills in 2019

Jerry Hughes doesn’t need my GIFs to show you he’s still a terrifying presence, but we’re bringing them to you anyway.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-analysis-all-22/2019/1/31/18202962/all-22-review-jerry-hughes-better-be-back-with-the-buffalo-bills-in-2019-defensive-end

Thanks for posing this.  I enjoyed it

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

“I think if you look at the overall passing game, the statistic that stands out the most in terms of correlation is pressure. So pressure on the quarterback leads to more bad plays than sacks do, in terms of turnovers unless you have strip sacks, obviously. That’s the No. 1. After that, pressures cause bad throws and potentially turnovers.”

- Bill Belichick

I suppose it’s also an interesting term to define. Do you, I, Buffalo rumblings and bill all define pressures the same?

Can't be.  Everyone knows that Mario, Fat Ass, and Meatball made Jerry's career.  Just look at his sack numbers they say.  Forget that whole top tier pressures thing.  Certainly forget that the opposite end was a ***** sandwich all year by comparison.  Forget he is held on almost every play, no hyperbole.  Guy's a bum and needs to go.