Reggie Bush on his time with the Bills: Rex’s staff lacked discipline

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mike you're an idiot.

it was his defense that was constantly confused and out of position. Those offenses did quite well actually.

Schopp is such an idiot. He literally said, "Rex and McDermott have the same record after two years, but Rex's teams were so much better"

Like dude, do you even WATCH the games? 

The difference is, Rex had a roster that was WAY more talented than what McDermott has (yes, I understand that McDermott and Beane have done this on purpose). Rex's teams continually underachieved, while McDermott's teams have greatly overachieved for two years while shedding bad contracts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, wppete said:

Not surprised. Rex was a disaster. Polar opposite of McDermott.

Exactly.  What a bum.  I could not believe it when we got flagged for having 15 men on the field at the same time.

Oops.  Never mind.  That was McCoach.

23 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Rex ran a country club and put in minimal effort. He thought he could just give the players some inspiring speech on Sunday and they would go out and win.

He was the last one in the building every day and the first to leave. He delegated much of his responsibility as a head coach. 

He was a disaster in NY, too. They’re still trying to recover. 

Do you have a source that supports the last in the building and first to leave stuff? I have always suspected that Rex got lazy and didn't put in the hours that other coaches do, but I haven't read anything to really support that.

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

Exactly.  What a bum.  I could not believe it when we got flagged for having 15 men on the field at the same time.

Oops.  Never mind.  That was McCoach.

Having too many men on the field once means that Rex and McDermott are similar coaches and people?

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do you have a source that supports the last in the building and first to leave stuff? I have always suspected that Rex got lazy and didn't put in the hours that other coaches do, but I haven't read anything to really support that.

Having too many men on the field once means that Rex and McDermott are similar coaches and people?

Having 15 freaking guys on the field at the same time belies the narrative.

I don't think I have ever seen a team get flagged for 15 guys on the field at the same time.  It may even be a record.

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

Having 15 freaking guys on the field at the same time belies the narrative.

I don't think I have ever seen a team get flagged for 15 guys on the field at the same time.  It may even be a record.

And you think that McDermott was the one to physically place guys on the field? Too many men on the field happens when players make mental errors and confuse substitution packages. It is not up to the head coach to ensure that the right men are on the field, it is not even up to coordinators. It's up to position coaches.

Somebody dropped the ball, and obviously McDermott is the head coach and has to take overall responsibility, but claiming that this puts him in the same category as Rex Ryan is just plain stupid. You seem to have issues with McDermott and want him gone.

And, by the way, multiple guys were running off the field on that play. Brady is netorious for snapping the ball early to get too many men penalties. He's done it for years and to a lot of good defenses.

Edited by MJS

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Mike you're an idiot.

it was his defense that was constantly confused and out of position. Those offenses did quite well actually.

I literally can’t stand Schopp. The difference between Rex and Schopp is I wouldn’t mind having Rex over, and shoot the ***** with him and talk football. For Mike, I’d hope the Thanos finger snap would erase him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

I read/heard it so long ago that I honestly can’t remember where exactly I saw it. 

I know they mentioned it one time on the John Murphy show on WGR. But I also remember reading it somewhere. 

Ill try to hunt around for it when I get a chance later today/tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

And you think that McDermott was the one to physically place guys on the field? Too many men on the field happens when players make mental errors and confuse substitution packages. It is not up to the head coach to ensure that the right men are on the field, it is not even up to coordinators. It's up to position coaches.

Somebody dropped the ball, and obviously McDermott is the head coach and has to take overall responsibility, but claiming that this puts him in the same category as Rex Ryan is just plain stupid. You seem to have issues with McDermott and want him gone.

And, by the way, multiple guys were running off the field on that play. Brady is netorious for snapping the ball early to get too many men penalties. He's done it for years and to a lot of good defenses.

Did you and others write a similar post when Rex was blamed for penalties?

Did you and others write a similar post defending Rex when we had one less guy on the field against the Dolphins when our DB got hurt?

Asking for a friend.

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Did you and others write a similar post when Rex was blamed for penalties?

Did you and others write a similar post defending Rex when we had one less guy on the field against the Dolphins when our DB got hurt?

Asking for a friend.

I didn't. Can't speak for anyone else, though. Rex's problem was lack of discipline, laziness, inability to adjust his scheme to fit the modern NFL, and being a general buffoon.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I didn't. Can't speak for anyone else, though. Rex's problem was lack of discipline, laziness, inability to adjust his scheme to fit the modern NFL, and being a general buffoon.

The first part does not surprise me.

As for the rest, you left out that, according to Football Outsiders, we had among the most injured defense in the league the two years that he was HC.  By contrast, last year, we had among the healthiest.  Also, I would suggest that being flagged for having 15 players on the field at the same time is indicative of less discipline.  Anyway, you and others have your narrative to push.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:05 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I really think the reason he got fired as fast as he did was more due to off the field things going on, i.e. showing up to a press conference wearing a Clemson helmet, having an ex player be the game day captain..  Can't recall other things similar anymore, but there were many.  Those are the types of things regardless of the talent, won't change the person.

I ‘ll never forget when he didn’t challenge an obvious bad call in Kansas City and when asked about it later said “because they didn’t show the replay on the big board”.  Idiot!