My 1st rd pick: OT Greg Little (Ole Miss)

Peace Frog

I’m no expert and I’m wondering what you saw on that video that impressed you but I think that it’s safe to say that he’ll never get mistaken for being a Tony Boselli. What I saw was smaller lighter guys getting inside of him, backing him up. He has no punch and from what was displayed on the video the DEs in the NFL will eat him up.

32 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm liking this idea after reading this article.  I've watched some of his tape on YouTube and it would be nice to have a stud on the O-line.  Your thoughts?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814967-the-1-prospect-each-nfl-team-needs-to-grab-in-the-2019-draft#slide0

Brent Sobieski from the Bleacher Report agrees with you. So do I. 

I

1 minute ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m no expert and I’m wondering what you saw on that video that impressed you but I think that it’s safe to say that he’ll never get mistaken for being a Tony Boselli. What I saw was smaller lighter guys getting inside of him, backing him up. He has no punch and from what was displayed on the video the DEs in the NFL will eat him up.

I am by no means an expert but I do like the prospect of taking an OT in the first round.  It's also possible that we could trade down a few spots (Washington?) and still get our guy.  I believe the #1 most important thing would be to get Josh Allen a solid O-line.  Even if we keep the same WRs and TEs, if he had more time to throw and a reliable running game, courtesy of the O-line, it would make a world of difference next season.

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

We'll see how he goes through the pree-draft process.  In other sources I've read about some inconsistent effort and play.  I think he needs to interview well at the combine.

Keep in mind, the kid is only 21.  To have a young stud LT with a young QB would do wonders for this team for years to come.

18 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

They also say they think the Cardinals will take Jonah Williams with the number 1 overall pick. That would be crazy.

And instant credibility  all lost by doing so lol

The guy had some bad plays that have been highlighted.  He also had some dominating performances that led him to be named to first team All SEC.  He played on a bad team last season.  I'm not sold on him at this point.  The combine will tell us a lot about how he stacks up against other tackles in the draft.  9th pick might be a little high for any of these tackles.  I don't see any Joe Thomas types in this draft.  I do think there are multiple guys that will be an upgrade over Mills.

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The word on him is he doesn't have a killer instinct and he takes plays off. It's the two worst traits you can have for an OL. I'd rather Jawaan Taylor. Wasn't high on him until I did some research. He's going to be the better player. 

Mike Williams 2.0??

24 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I want OL who are mean and want to inflict punishment on the opponent.  By the end of the game it makes a difference.

The above.  And I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

The word on him is he doesn't have a killer instinct and he takes plays off. It's the two worst traits you can have for an OL. I'd rather Jawaan Taylor. Wasn't high on him until I did some research. He's going to be the better player. 

Yep I like Taylor a lot. I love his upside and he is already a better player imo.  I still don't think we should draft any OL in the top ten this draft. 

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I

I am by no means an expert but I do like the prospect of taking an OT in the first round.  It's also possible that we could trade down a few spots (Washington?) and still get our guy.  I believe the #1 most important thing would be to get Josh Allen a solid O-line.  Even if we keep the same WRs and TEs, if he had more time to throw and a reliable running game, courtesy of the O-line, it would make a world of difference next season.

What if Williams has a great combine and Pro-day. Would you be upset if we traded up to take him.

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep I like Taylor a lot. I love his upside and he is already a better player imo.  I still don't think we should draft any OL in the top ten this draft. 

You realise how early in the process it is.  Im not even willing to say no QB in the top 5 yet.  The only thing Im certain about at this point is that Bosa and Oliver are top 5 talents.  That doesnt mean they go top 5.

Edited by formerlyofCtown