Turns out it was Bellichick not Brady!

9 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

The great debate of who has been more responsible for the *pats success was answered this season.  Look the Cheifs game, Bellichick was working with one of the most physically limited players in the NFL in Brady and he game planned for his only 2 strengths he has left accuracy and awareness.  Brady can no longer throw the ball in the air over 20 yards with any real chance of success. 

Even that heave into the endzone was just him floating it up and wishing for the best.  Brady has less than 8 games left as a formidable NFL QB.  Bellichick has shown he can coach as long as he wants. 

Several of the top QB live by short passes their receivers turn into much larger gains.  Brady's arm may have fallen off a bit, but he's always been near the top of the pack for YAC by his receivers and has always had 5-7 air yards per completion. 

The great debate of who has been more responsible for the *pats success was answered this season.  Look the Cheifs game, Bellichick was working with one of the most physically limited players in the NFL in Brady and he game planned for his only 2 strengths he has left accuracy and awareness.  Brady can no longer throw the ball in the air over 20 yards with any real chance of success. 

Even that heave into the endzone was just him floating it up and wishing for the best.  Brady has less than 8 games left as a formidable NFL QB.  Bellichick has shown he can coach as long as he wants. 

The ignorance is strong with this one.

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

NE without brady assumes only trash backups at the position come next. they likely would have drafted or signed a different top QB....joey garrapolo, etc....

Brady is slightly better than manning, brees, etc.... In 2018 brady rated 12th in passer rating and 6th in total QBR.

the gap between Belichick and the next best HC is cavernous.

they need each other, but belichick's talents are more rare. salary cap management, trading away stars before huge contracts for more team controlled draft picks, discilpline, game plans, the patriot way.

Imo, this post is beyond any reasonable dispute.

Promise??? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess I watch a different game because the Brady I watched was pretty awful in the Cheifs game.  His poor 2nd half play is what kept the Chiefs in the game.  He looked fine on the last drive because he still has pinpoint accuracy within 15 yards but that won’t be enough for much longer.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Hmm what about last years super bowl? 

8 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Did Brady lose it or was it Belichik?

they didn't know what was coming because Coach Pedersen did a fake walk through.  They were totally fooled by the Philly Shuffle and other stuff.  That and the Eagles great coaching and play.

they were expecting the Eagles to do what they did in the walk through.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Brady has never been a deep ball thrower.  He has always been the gamemanager of all game managers.  He never beat anyone with his arm, he beat em with his head.  If he had an elite arm he would have been drafted before the sixth round.  If he went anywhere else his story is likely different.  Its a combonation of both men.

This is true.  Brady is the worst thrower, by far, of all the elite QBs (except maybe Kelly).   Peyton, Favre, Rodgers, Brees, Elway, Aikman - all much better throwers than Brady.  

But Brady is one of the smartest QBs of all time, and he had the good fortune to play for a football genius.  Belichick taught Brady things that most other QBs never would have learned, and Brady LEARNED more things from Belichick than any other QB (except maybe Manning) would have learned.  They were perfect for each other.  

The one QB I can think of who would have won more for Belichick than Brady did is Roger Staubach.   Smart as a whip, highly disciplined, and physically better than Brady.  

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

they went 11-5 that year. It was an odd year in that regard. It hasn't happened since.  While true it was a f!uke.

Patsies** have gone 13-6 without Tommy with Matt Cassel, Jimmy, and Jacoby Brissett.  

it's Bill Bsllyache (and the cheating).

Well considering a roster is more than a QB, not really fair to put it all on the QB.  Rex Grossman played in a Super Bowl, Dilfer won one, Bortles and Sanchize (twice) were in the AFC Championship game.  

Meanwhile Brees has missed the playoffs more than made the playoffs the last 5 years despite not missing a game.  That 11 win team still had Moss, Welker, Gronk on it.  And Cassel was serviceable QB, so not really fair to discredit Brady in the equation when it was still a talented roster and had a serviceable QB.    

Jimmy G took over a 1-9 SF team and went 5-0 as the starter.  

Not a big surprise they won still when Brady missed some games with Cassel and Jimmy G starting most those games.  They still had a talented roster and the GOAT at HC.   

NOTE:  Only shoutout was when Bills used one of the worst defenses in the NFL to shutout Brisset led Pats week 4.  

Brady is the GOAT.  Bill is the GOAT.  

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Belichick and Brady go hand in hand.  Lose one, and the team falls off substantially.  Probably the greatest HC/QB duo ever.

I'd suggest you edit your post and delete "Probably."    No other pair is close.   Shula and Marino might be second, but they never did the things that B and B are doing.  

33 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'd suggest you edit your post and delete "Probably."    No other pair is close.   Shula and Marino might be second, but they never did the things that B and B are doing.  

The other pair I thought of was Walsh and Montana.  Still not close to Brady and Belichick.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This is true.  Brady is the worst thrower, by far, of all the elite QBs (except maybe Kelly).   Peyton, Favre, Rodgers, Brees, Elway, Aikman - all much better throwers than Brady.  

But Brady is one of the smartest QBs of all time, and he had the good fortune to play for a football genius.  Belichick taught Brady things that most other QBs never would have learned, and Brady LEARNED more things from Belichick than any other QB (except maybe Manning) would have learned.  They were perfect for each other.  

The one QB I can think of who would have won more for Belichick than Brady did is Roger Staubach.   Smart as a whip, highly disciplined, and physically better than Brady.  

Ive often wondered how many rings Manning/Belichick would have produced.

Ive also always wondered why Kelly over Marino.

I know there were some off field concerns about partying but Kelly partied when he should have been preparing for the SB.

Could you imagine Marino behind our oline with Thomas, Reed, Lofton, and Beebe as weapons.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Walsh and Montana?

I like your earlier post about how much Brady has soaked up from Belichik, and I feel there's a great deal of truth in it. Personally, I still think that while not being as successful, Evil Bill would have had plenty of success if he had had to utilise different QBs.

Evil Bill is said to often draft guys with a certain set of physical characteristics, depending on what he wants to use them for. I would suggest that his requirement for a QB has intelligence at the top of his list. ;)

Why are we ignoring Belichick's record in Cleveland and his 5-13 start prior to Bledsoe's injury? Belichick is great but Brady is no puppet.

That said, I feel very strongly that this is Brady's last season as an elite QB. Even the most cerebral QB, which he is, has to have baseline velocity. That is evaporating quickly. I marvel at what he's done in these playoffs, but it's just about over.

Edited by LSHMEAB

17 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Walsh and Montana?

I like your earlier post about how much Brady has soaked up from Belichik, and I feel there's a great deal of truth in it. Personally, I still think that while not being as successful, Evil Bill would have had plenty of success if he had had to utilise different QBs.

Evil Bill is said to often draft guys with a certain set of physical characteristics, depending on what he wants to use them for. I would suggest that his requirement for a QB has intelligence at the top of his list. ;)

oops - Walsh and Montana are clearly second.   

I think Belichick is a football genius, and I agree that he could have succeeded with a lot of QBs.   In Brady, however, he found perhaps the perfect guy.  

I'm reading a biography of Belichick.   The author suggests that although Belichick certainly didn't wish for Bledsoe to get injured, the injury did for Belichick what he couldn't do himself.  Apparently Belichick had already decided he wanted to start Brady, but Kraft had recently extended Bledsoe with a big contract (as we all know!) and given his record, Belichick didn't have the clout to bench Bledsoe.   Although all of the rest of us were surprised when Brady succeeded from day one, It sounds like Belichick wasn't.

Bringing it back to the Bills, I have thought for some time that McDermott is trying to model himself and his team after Belichick.   That's admirable, and he may be able to organize things like Bill, but to date I haven't seen the evidence that McDermott has anything approaching Belichick's football IQ.   Belichick studied football his whole life, and I think McDermott has, too.  But McDermott could have studied physics for his whole life and he still wouldn't have developed the theory of relativity.   I think we've been watching a football genius at work, and there won't be true parity in the NFL until he retires.  

• Thank you (+1) 1