What Are You Top 5 Super Bowls

corta765

With the Super Bowl coming up figured I would post a fun thread on your favorite SB's you've watched in your lifetime. This is not what are the best SB's ever even if you haven't seen them because if that was the case SB 23 and SB 13 would be on there for me. This is not who I was happiest winning because in three of my top five I hated the winner rather best game/entertaining.

Because I am 30 the first SB I remember watching in any form was the 49ers vs Chargers (probably for the best I don't remember the Bills losing) so this is my rankings:

1. SB 42 Giants over Patriots- I was at the Patriots beat down of the Bills 56-10 which I have said all fans should be entitled to therapy for paid by the Bills. That Patriots team seemed unbeatable... until it wasn't. The longer you watched and the longer the Giants hung in there you had this feeling like just maybe they can knock out the bad witch. And boy did they ever knock that witch out thanks again David Tyree.

2. SB 43 Steelers over Cardinals- The Cardinals were the ultimate underdogs, a franchise forever as crappy as the Lions yet here came a likeable team led by Warner and Fitz. The game was amazing from start to finish and even though the Steelers sadly won, for a brief time you actually wondered if the Cards would pull it out.

3. SB 32 Broncos def Packers- The AFC had lost 13 straight SBs and by this point everyone wanted Elway to get that ring which almost felt like he was winning it for Kelly and Marino too. The game itself was a thriller (finally) after years of duds since SB 25. Plenty of big moments throughout highlighted by Elway's helicopter jump. The ending had fantastic drama and back at a time when AFC vs NFC seemed to matter far more it was nice to see the AFC finally break its drought.

4. SB 49 Patriots over Seahawks- For the record I drove home in snow storm having to angrily contemplate why in the heck Carrol didn't run Lynch. That said it was an incredible game between the two best teams in the NFL and if Brady was to get his 4th ring at least it was against top competition.

5. SB 38 Patriots over Panthers- This Superbowl seems to be forgotten a lot probably because of a "wardrobe malfunction" by Janet Jackson, but it was one of the wildest second halves in SB history. The Panthers were a plucky upstart led by a likable QB in Jake Delhomme and coach in John Fox that were easy to pull for. This should've been the first SB to go to OT, but Carolina's John Karney gave the Patriots an easy starting point at the 40 and the rest was Brady being Brady.

• Like (+1) 2

In no particular order, some that come to mind:

Bills vs Giants - Great game with a bad result

Rams vs Titans - great game down to the last play

Rams vs Patriots -  Lats first SB when Pats where who people actually loved when they came out as one unit instead of announcing individual players as a major underdog with a 6th round rookie against the mega offense of the Rams

Eagles vs Patriots - Just a non stop action game and saw the Eagles upset Brady and his 500 yards. 

Giants vs Patriots - Loved seeing the undefeated Pats get taken down in a big upset and exciting and close game.  

6th one:  Steelers vs Cardinals

Edited by Alphadawg7

Giants beat Pats the second time 

Giants beat Pats the first time 

Broncos beat packers 

49ers beat bengals in SB xxiii 

Honestly can't think of a fifth one that I loved and actually watched more than once. I always enjoyed SB xxx but o donnell blew it for the steelers. They should have won. 

• Like (+1) 1

Super Bowl 12, I was 9 and grew up in Dallas as a Cowboys fan. My dad took me to it for my birthday. DAL VS DENV.

SB 13 Pitt vs Dallas

Second part of my life, we moved to Buffalo when I was 13. Fell in love with the Bills. 

Super Bowl 25

Super Bowl 26

SB L2

SB 11 Oak vs Min

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Giants beat Pats the second time 

Giants beat Pats the first time 

Broncos beat packers 

49ers beat bengals in SB xxiii 

Honestly can't think of a fifth one that I loved and actually watched more than once. I always enjoyed SB xxx but o donnell blew it for the steelers. They should have won. 

With all of the close games that we've had since then its easy to forget how awesome that Packers-Broncos game was. The AFC had lost all but one of the 16 prior Super Bowls and most of them were absolute blowouts.  John Elway took that hit for an entire conference and their fans who had had enough.

• Like (+1) 2

Giants over undefeated NE

Giants over "we want revenge" NE

Eagles over "not done" NE

Those are my greatest SB moments as a fan. 

Rams are going to horse whip NE this weekend... It'll be like the Atlanta SB except NE ain't coming back. That will probably go to #2 depending on the score and scope of the beat down. A lot depends on who they zoom in on and how miserable they look...

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

2020: 2019 Bills over NFC Champs.

2021: Bills over NFC Champs.

2022: Bills over NFC Champs.

2024: Bills over NFC Champs.

2025: Bills over NFC Champs.

2023 is number six. We lose to the Lions by 2.

Fixed it, just in case you meant the season year, and not the date of the actual game. :D

I honestly loved the Patriots over Falcons one.  Brady playing pretty much lights out in the 2nd half, carving up the falcons defense.  The comedy of coaching errors from the falcons

Shanahan calling a pass play up 8... on 2nd and 11 while the patriots had 2 timeouts... and losing 12 yards on a sack... followed by a holding penalty and another incompletion...  Instead of say... 3ish minutes left, kicking off up 11, they had 3ish minutes left up 8 and punted.  I love when a coach just absolutely collapses in the moment.  

My wife's a patriots fan so like everyone at the party is giving her crap, and couldn't believe it when they won.  Oddly enough my friend bought 2 balloons for the game, and the moment the patriots helmet balloon turned from facing the right to the left, they dominated the entire game.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I honestly loved the Patriots over Falcons one.  Brady playing pretty much lights out in the 2nd half, carving up the falcons defense.  The comedy of coaching errors from the falcons

Shanahan calling a pass play up 8... on 2nd and 11 while the patriots had 2 timeouts... and losing 12 yards on a sack... followed by a holding penalty and another incompletion...  Instead of say... 3ish minutes left, kicking off up 11, they had 3ish minutes left up 8 and punted.  I love when a coach just absolutely collapses in the moment.  

My wife's a patriots fan so like everyone at the party is giving her crap, and couldn't believe it when they won.  Oddly enough my friend bought 2 balloons for the game, and the moment the patriots helmet balloon turned from facing the right to the left, they dominated the entire game.  

I thought about the Falcons v Patriots and it was good, but it felt like Pete Carrolls coaching error basically stretched out over an entire half which made it hard for me to put it higher just because ATL had no business blowing that even with Brady lights out.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In no particular order, some that come to mind:

Bills vs Giants - Great game with a bad result

Rams vs Titans - great game down to the last play

Rams vs Patriots -  Lats first SB when Pats where who people actually loved when they came out as one unit instead of announcing individual players as a major underdog with a 6th round rookie against the mega offense of the Rams

Eagles vs Patriots - Just a non stop action game and saw the Eagles upset Brady and his 500 yards. 

Giants vs Patriots - Loved seeing the undefeated Pats get taken down in a big upset and exciting and close game.  

6th one:  Steelers vs Cardinals

Good list. Honestly, the Baltimore/SF game was a freaking phenomenal game too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good list. Honestly, the Baltimore/SF game was a freaking phenomenal game too. 

Yes, wanted to put that down too, they said 5 though haha so had a hard time picking 5.  But that game was great too and right there with any of the others

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

With the Super Bowl coming up figured I would post a fun thread on your favorite SB's you've watched in your lifetime. This is not what are the best SB's ever even if you haven't seen them because if that was the case SB 23 and SB 13 would be on there for me. This is not who I was happiest winning because in three of my top five I hated the winner rather best game/entertaining.

Because I am 30 the first SB I remember watching in any form was the 49ers vs Chargers (probably for the best I don't remember the Bills losing) so this is my rankings:

1. SB 42 Giants over Patriots- I was at the Patriots beat down of the Bills 56-10 which I have said all fans should be entitled to therapy for paid by the Bills. That Patriots team seemed unbeatable... until it wasn't. The longer you watched and the longer the Giants hung in there you had this feeling like just maybe they can knock out the bad witch. And boy did they ever knock that witch out thanks again David Tyree.

2. SB 43 Steelers over Cardinals- The Cardinals were the ultimate underdogs, a franchise forever as crappy as the Lions yet here came a likeable team led by Warner and Fitz. The game was amazing from start to finish and even though the Steelers sadly won, for a brief time you actually wondered if the Cards would pull it out.

3. SB 32 Broncos def Packers- The AFC had lost 13 straight SBs and by this point everyone wanted Elway to get that ring which almost felt like he was winning it for Kelly and Marino too. The game itself was a thriller (finally) after years of duds since SB 25. Plenty of big moments throughout highlighted by Elway's helicopter jump. The ending had fantastic drama and back at a time when AFC vs NFC seemed to matter far more it was nice to see the AFC finally break its drought.

4. SB 49 Patriots over Seahawks- For the record I drove home in snow storm having to angrily contemplate why in the heck Carrol didn't run Lynch. That said it was an incredible game between the two best teams in the NFL and if Brady was to get his 4th ring at least it was against top competition.

5. SB 38 Patriots over Panthers- This Superbowl seems to be forgotten a lot probably because of a "wardrobe malfunction" by Janet Jackson, but it was one of the wildest second halves in SB history. The Panthers were a plucky upstart led by a likable QB in Jake Delhomme and coach in John Fox that were easy to pull for. This should've been the first SB to go to OT, but Carolina's John Karney gave the Patriots an easy starting point at the 40 and the rest was Brady being Brady.

...gotta throw in the '85 Bears whupping the Grogan led Pats 46-10 (feel good game now).......and the Niners dominance over the Broncos 55-10(1990), perhaps Montana's finest hour.......have to throw in the KC Chiefs, led by Hank Stram, "matriculating down the field boys" for the Lombardi in 1970.....

• Like (+1) 1