Would/could the Bills go for another Houston former number one overall pick in FA?

njbuff

First, will the Texans franchise Clowney? And if they do, forget it.

If Clowney does become available, do you want him on the Bills?

What’s the price tag going to be?

How does he fit into McDermott’s scheme?

Thoughts?

55 minutes ago, njbuff said:

First, will the Texans franchise Clowney? And if they do, forget it.

If Clowney does become available, do you want him on the Bills?

What’s the price tag going to be?

How does he fit into McDermott’s scheme?

Thoughts?

you don't worry about scheme if you sign someone this good

38 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Lawrence and Clowney are both looking at 20M+

Fine by me. Clowney or Lawrence. We won’t be able to spend all this money.  Give him a huge cap hit this season that will lessen the cap hits in the future 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh my god please no to Clowney, 1) he will cost waaay too much and 2) he and Hughes on the same line would be a very bad combination, both have a hair trigger on off sides and jumping the gun

I think that would be a very good combination

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh my god please no to Clowney, 1) he will cost waaay too much and 2) he and Hughes on the same line would be a very bad combination, both have a hair trigger on off sides and jumping the gun

How many times did Hughes jump Offside this year? Once?

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

How many times did Hughes jump Offside this year? Once?

three and a neutral zone infraction plus two Offside declined and/or negated....  more the year before that. Both Clowney and and Hughes together it the issue. And they tend to come at the worst time, usually on third down in critical situations where they are trying to get a jump.

Actually that is just a die note, i dont want Mario #2 here, i dont think he will be worth the $. Whatever team picks him up end up with the winner's curse.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I prefer Lawerence over Clowney but wouldn’t be upset if we got either.  However I would much rather draft Oshane Ximines in the 2nd/3rd than pay $20m a year to one of these guys.

What round is he projected to go in?

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I prefer Lawerence over Clowney but wouldn’t be upset if we got either.  However I would much rather draft Oshane Ximines in the 2nd/3rd than pay $20m a year to one of these guys.

2nd or 3rd? I’m reading that his best fit would be as a stand up backer in a 3-4 and a situational player who may stuggle to get snaps in the NFL. A guy you wouldn’t want to use in coverage. Tight hips, limited bend...speed to power. We already have all of that covered with Shaq. 

Just now, njbuff said:

What round is he projected to go in?

He was 3rd or 4th when he was under the radar earlier being from a small school, but he’s a guy that’s garnering scouts attention now and I think he is most likely a 2nd round pick right now.  Don’t be surprised if by draft time he could be potential first round pick as more people catch on to him.  He would be a lock for the early first had he played at a big school with the kind of production he had.  

But this kids a beast and big time leader too.  Captain as an under classman, intelligent and a Deans list student, and major competitor.  

Love to draft this kid.  3 years from now when they look back at this draft I think he will be one of the best defensive players to come out of it.

11 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

2nd or 3rd? I’m reading that his best fit would be as a stand up backer in a 3-4 and a situational player who may stuggle to get snaps in the NFL. A guy you wouldn’t want to use in coverage. Tight hips, limited bend...speed to power. We already have all of that covered with Shaq. 

There are some varying opinions on him, but combine will show what he’s really got and it’s gonna surprise some people.  I expect he will be one of the defensive stars at the combine. 

And with small school players, there is often even more info warfare that goes on trying to deflect buzz on lesser known players so teams may have better chance of landing a player.   

Hes high on my wish list.