Rob Ryan hired as Redskins LB coach

DJB

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That is an absolutely nonsensical response. 

Really? Non senensical in what way?

The guy is a total buffoon... I would rather have a young, hungry position coach on the way up then a lazy has-been blow hard on the way down..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Really? Non senensical in what way?

The guy is a total buffoon... I would rather have a young, hungry position coach on the way up then a lazy has-been blow hard on the way down..

He is, and has been, a really good LB coach.  Why would you not want a guy in a role he has proven to be amazing at?  So he can't coach the whole defense, just let him stick to what he is good at.  Why does him being a failure at one role mean he should never work again in another role?   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He is, and has been, a really good LB coach.  Why would you not want a guy in a role he has proven to be amazing at?  So he can't coach the whole defense, just let him stick to what he is good at.  Why does him being a failure at one role mean he should never work again in another role?   

i tend to find this board is into fat shaming.

• Haha (+1) 3

I thought his attitude and work ethic in Buffalo was poor,  so perhaps I have a personal view, but based on that I

wouldn’t be giving him another job even a demotion..

My opinion, and you have yours so let’s leave it at that.... let’s see how he works out..

Edited by Aussie Joe

46 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Whats with the weird belief around here that if a coach fails as a coordinator or head coach, he is no longer qualified to be a positional coach?  He got to be a coordinator by being a a really good positional coach, why would he be no longer qualified to do that? 

I think it's that a lot of people see him as a clown that will always get a job regardless of most recent performance while others that may be deserving don't get nearly the opportunity.

His professional network and access to NFL jobs is what’s amazing. 

In New England he was demoted from LB to just outside LB coach. 

Never had meaningful promotion in same organization.  

Thanks Dad...  being buddy’s son is what he did right

51 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Whats with the weird belief around here that if a coach fails as a coordinator or head coach, he is no longer qualified to be a positional coach?  He got to be a coordinator by being a a really good positional coach, why would he be no longer qualified to do that? 

In his most recent stint as a coach here in Buffalo he stunk.  Reportedly a completely disorganized, clusterf*ck of a coach.  Which is surprising given how much he obviously cares about his appearance.

Christmas came early to the nation’s capital...??; this makes sense—Snyder just purchased a new bigger and better yacht than Jerry Jones, and what better accessory to man the helm than “Yachting Santa?”

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/10/19/16503834/what-does-rob-ryan-look-like-miami-vice-gandalf-or-yacht-santa

17 minutes ago, eball said:

In his most recent stint as a coach here in Buffalo he stunk.  Reportedly a completely disorganized, clusterf*ck of a coach.  Which is surprising given how much he obviously cares about his appearance.

I remember Rob standing on the sidelines in front of Dennis Thurman often.  I understand he was the assistant head coach but I don't think you should be front in center over the defensive coordinator.  I always thought that was disrespectful of him to dismiss Thurman so obviously.