Rob Ryan hired as Redskins LB coach

DJB

43 minutes ago, Tazor Face said:

Now this is tanking

The tank looks to be on, and it appears that there  will be no trade up to 9 with the Bills ..

The Redskins might have their sights set for the top of the 2020 draft with the Raiders...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL......what??

Not sure of the what, but I am sure of the who..

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The tank looks to be on, and it appears that there  will be no trade up to 9 with the Bills ..

The Redskins might have their sights set for the top of the 2020 draft with the Raiders...

Not sure of the what, but I am sure of the who..

The last time it was listed, the average tenure of an NFL was 4.3 years.  It's a league that has significant turnover every year.

That's the opposite of "coach for life"...

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sad how some blatant failures get continually recycled.....players and coaches alike.......

Not surprising though if they experienced at least some success in the league... but if you’re a 100% proven failure, you’re lucky to get a job working for Vince McMahon. :D

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The last time it was listed, the average tenure of an NFL was 4.3 years.  It's a league that has significant turnover every year.

I'll have to look for that list you are referring to...

A lot of these guys seem to get opportunity after opportunity after getting chopped from their previous gig..

Seems like a nice job if you can get it...

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean a coach only has 4.3 years total or 4.3 years at each of his 6 useless gigs over a career?

• Thank you (+1) 1

He’s being interviewed right now on radio row at the SB. He’s probably been on a ton of radio stations but the one I’m hearing is our local Cbus station. The first thing he said when asked about getting back into coaching is that he couldn’t wait to get back on and felt like he couldn’t get his defensive players to be “all in” in Buffalo. He said you can’t beat the Pats if you aren’t “all in”. He blamed his fate with the Bills on the players. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s being interviewed right now on radio row at the SB. He’s probably been on a ton of radio stations but the one I’m hearing is our local Cbus station. The first thing he said when asked about getting back into coaching is that he couldn’t wait to get back on and felt like he couldn’t get his defensive players to be “all in” in Buffalo. He said you can’t beat the Pats if you aren’t “all in”. He blamed his fate with the Bills on the players. 

Yet the players genuinely seem to have bought "all in" under McD...weird

Whatever makes you sleep at night, Rob?

• Thank you (+1) 1