Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

Stop with Tyrell, and if you believe he's a true number 1, i feel sorry for you. A true number 1 is someone that can produce when you're double and tripled team. Anyone think he can actually produce when he's double teamed? Sorry but I'd rather save the money and go into 2019-2020 with Foster as our number 1.

EVERY team has a number 1 WR on their roster obviously but just because you're a number 1 WR for an inferior passing attack doesn't make you a true number 1 WR. 

With slim FA pickings and several teams in need of WRs, he will be overpaid - but nowhere close to Sammy Watkins money. Maybe 9-10 mill per year. Now shd we have him at that price? I cant decide.

If we get him at for less than 8 mill per year, that will be Ok I guess. More than 10 mill per year - I will pass.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Spotrac says his value is 3 years 28.9 mil.  I'd gladly hand him a contract like that and draft a WR in the 1st round.  I would love our 4 receivers then.  

Getting him for 3 @ 29 would be robbery. I just have a feeling about him. I think he and Josh would have instant chemistry. 

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

Spotrac says his value is 3 years 28.9 mil.  I'd gladly hand him a contract like that and draft a WR in the 1st round.  I would love our 4 receivers then.  

That's similar to the value they had on Watkins this time last year..

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao, anger? 

Don't misconstrue criticism of the team with me being angry.  Just because I call the franchise out for its mistakes and questions their decisions doesn't mean I'm mad. It is just an honest, accurate assessment, but it obviously hurts people's feelings. 

Dude, no need to be so angry.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Passive aggressive teef. 

Come one man. Your funnier than that.

Do you even have to be angry towards jokes Scotty?

7 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Dude, no need to be so angry.

My wife would refer to him as a, “catastrophic thinker”. 

Comes down to what him and his agent feel his worth is.  I imagine that is more than what Buffalo feels his worth is.  4 to 6 mil a year is a stretch to me.  I think he will ask for more.  The wr class is deep l, the FA market is shallow.  I think they would be better off looking elsewhere for outside help than FA.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Comes down to what him and his agent feel his worth is.  I imagine that is more than what Buffalo feels his worth is.  4 to 6 mil a year is a stretch to me.  I think he will ask for more.  The wr class is deep l, the FA market is shallow.  I think they would be better off looking elsewhere for outside help than FA.

I think he will get $9 Million a year minimum.. probably more

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I think he will get $9 Million a year minimum.. probably more

I would pass.  I don't see him ever getting to 80% of that production. There are about 4 guys you can draft on the second day that can do alot of what he brings but with more potential.

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I would pass.  I don't see him ever getting to 80% of that production. There are about 4 guys you can draft on the second day that can do alot of what he brings but with more potential.

Fair enough..

I would be Ok with it...although not much more and depending on guaranteed dollars..

They have got the money to spend, but as I said,  I think he goes elsewhere and they end up with a guy like Tate on similar yearly money for less years given his age..

As I also mentioned earlier, they can draft someone as well...  They need plenty of help in the WR ranks...

As others have noted, what's a free agent going to say? "I view myself as a third option?" The market will dictate his decision. I like to look at where guys played college ball to determine whether they'd be into Buffalo. He played his college ball at Oregon State, so that's not bad. He'd be an OK pickup. We're not getting Tyreke Hill, so we've got to consider all options.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

ummm, Robert Woods is better than Watkins.

Unrealized talent is just that, unrealized.  Woods has been the better player and I'd venture to guess he will continue to be the better player.

Woods has been healthier yet skill wise Sammy's better.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Fair enough..

I would be Ok with it...although not much more and depending on guaranteed dollars..

They have got the money to spend, but as I said,  I think he goes elsewhere and they end up with a guy like Tate on similar yearly money for less years given his age..

As I also mentioned earlier, they can draft someone as well...  They need plenty of help in the WR ranks...

Instead of over paying for 3 or 4 mid level guys, I would go big game hunting.  Full court press one of the edge rushers and interior lineman and then sign some young guys to prove it deals after the rush dies down.  Bringing a guy in because you have the money is not the answer imo. Especially, where the draft meets your value.