Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He's not Sammy good, yet he might be Robert Woods good with a little more speed. 

Woods is better than Sammy. But I dont think Williams is better than either of them. There is a lot of depth at the receiver position in the draft this year so I wouldn't overpay him. I would overpay for an offensive line and go for a true #1 WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

• Like (+1) 2

If we sign him, I pray that he’s right.  If we don’t sign him, I doubt he ever becomes a #1.  ****, I doubt he becomes one if we sign him, but I hope he’s right.  Josh Allen will have to be the best QB ever before he becomes that guy.  

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Woods is better than Sammy. But I dont think Williams is better than either of them. There is a lot of depth at the receiver position in the draft this year so I wouldn't overpay him. I would overpay for an offensive line and go for a true #1 WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

Why not acquire a new Top WR in Free Agency if you can AND draft one high?

The team needs a big transfusion of Offensive talent immeadiately..

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Rivers reminds me exactly of Peyton in that last year when he won the superbowl with only 13 passes completed and had a total noodle arm.  Wobbly, big arc.  Easy to catch when they finally arrive.

And if this guy drops Rivers' passes, how is he expected to catch Allen's?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Your comparing him to Zay Jones. 

The few few games I saw of him he dropped some damn easy throws from a weak armed Rivers. 

Cant imagine catching balls from Allen will be easy.

you mean the two that you saw?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Your comparing him to Zay Jones. 

The few few games I saw of him he dropped some damn easy throws from a weak armed Rivers. 

Cant imagine catching balls from Allen will be easy.

Of course I compare him to Zay. Last I checked Jones is the closest thing we have to a #1 guy. I'm guessing you watched 1 game and he dropped 2 passes. Take a look at his career. His entire body of work. See that stat sheet and drop rate. Come on Scott, it's right in front of you. There's not much out there.  Do you want an old washed up Golden Tate. If we did make him an offer it would probably be 4/44M....nothing more. This whole argument is probably moot anyway since our #1 will come from the draft.

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

He’s been well past salty since the BBMB days.

Dude is constantly red with anger.

what do you think made scott unhappy?  there has to be a back story here.  no one is that salty without a back story.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao, anger? 

Don't misconstrue criticism of the team with me being angry.  Just because I call the franchise out for its mistakes and questions their decisions doesn't mean I'm mad. It is just an honest, accurate assessment, but it obviously hurts people's feelings. 

this answer is angry in itself.  

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Well of course, but its an asset allocation issue.  The value of a WR1, or those guys in particular, does not increase the quality of your team enough to offset the loss created by signing those guys. 

Scotty doesn't think in abstract terms when it comes to football.

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao, anger? 

Don't misconstrue criticism of the team with me being angry.  Just because I call the franchise out for its mistakes and questions their decisions doesn't mean I'm mad. It is just an honest, accurate assessment, but it obviously hurts people's feelings. 

You know the Bills didn’t actually sign this player, right? What “mistake” you are referring to? How do you know your assessment of this player is “accurate” if you only watched 5 of his games? I assume you aren’t a pro scout studying his All-22 film.  It’s just an opinion, like the rest of the ones on here. May be an accurate assessment, may not be. Just like the others. Also i don’t think anyone’s “feelings are hurt” about an assessment of Tyrell Williams.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c521b893653335341

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

He's not Sammy good, yet he might be Robert Woods good with a little more speed. 

ummm, Robert Woods is better than Watkins.

Unrealized talent is just that, unrealized.  Woods has been the better player and I'd venture to guess he will continue to be the better player.