Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

On 2/1/2019 at 12:54 AM, reddogblitz said:

Why are yall l being so cheap. I thought we got rid of a lot of guys and suffered through a bad season so we don't have to be cheap amymore?

let's get some real players in here so we can win.

...somebody here posted a McBeane quote that I'll have to paraphrase because I can't find it......"we assign a value to a player and that's it".......so I'd venture to guess you will NOT see Watkins or OBJ type money thrown around nor would he even entertain what AB's number may be....

On 1/30/2019 at 1:24 PM, teef said:

I consider myself a #1 wr too. See how easy that is?

A 1b  perhaps i rate you. solid 2a thought teef.  fearless across the middle !

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...somebody here posted a McBeane quote that I'll have to paraphrase because I can't find it......"we assign a value to a player and that's it".......so I'd venture to guess you will NOT see Watkins or OBJ type money thrown around nor would he even entertain what AB's number may be....

This was a great quote. really gave us a solid perspect on a facet of The Method.

I wondered if he was speaking to just pro scouting ? I read it too. but forgot most details. But your quote is nearly correct. might be word for word !

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

A 1b  perhaps i rate you. solid 2a thought teef.  fearless across the middle !

This was a great quote. really gave us a solid perspect on a facet of The Method.

I wondered if he was speaking to just pro scouting ? I read it too. but forgot most details. But your quote is nearly correct. might be word for word !

...LMAO.....would contradict my "senior moments".......just don't see him as a "big splash guy" but probably wrong as usual......more of a value shopper with a list of qualifying contingencies better known as "the process qualifiers"....stay tuned............

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LMAO.....would contradict my "senior moments".......just don't see him as a "big splash guy" but probably wrong as usual......more of a value shopper with a list of qualifying contingencies better known as "the process qualifiers"....stay tuned............

I agree.
 That is good for The Bills long term thinking and process.
My interest is how good this Scouting team is. They have turned over since Beane, and this is the year i hope to watch closely how they evaluate talent. I mean that's how you " value" them.
 i have faith in Beane with all the math equations : )

And Daboll to ask for all Offense from the draft and FA .  "My turn ! Sean can go spit !!"

Pick the right players with enough impact for today and tomorrow and i might be sold this year on these guys. this year is the test in my eyes.
I am one of the fools who actually enjoys offseason and the business side of team building.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I agree.
 That is good for The Bills long term thinking and process.
My interest is how good this Scouting team is. They have turned over since Beane, and this is the year i hope to watch closely how they evaluate talent. I mean that's how you " value" them.
 i have faith in Beane with all the math equations : )

And Daboll to ask for all Offense from the draft and FA .  "My turn ! Sean can go spit !!"

Pick the right players with enough impact for today and tomorrow and i might be sold this year on these guys. this year is the test in my eyes.
I am one of the fools who actually enjoys offseason and the business side of team building.

...if I remember correctly, McBeane employs his "Gang of 17+" on the staff, many of which are former NFL execs at the VP of Personnel level or Directors of Pro Player Personnel....I'd bet the entire payroll including McBeane is north of $5 mil, ALL on Pegula's nickel...he spared no expense......and I'd say the results were pretty impressive with Proehl the only one gone...add in UDFA's Wallace and Foster for good measure...AND...their first draft together............

Round 3, Pick 32 (No. 96 overall): Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

Andy Benoit's grade: B+

The estimable Kyle Williams is probably playing his last season, and the Bills likely hope Phillips can be the run defender to replace him. To replace Williams’s pass rushing, however, they may have to look elsewhere.

Round 4, Pick 21 (No, 121 overall): Taron Johnson, CB, Weber State

Round 5, Pick 17 (No. 154 overall) [via Baltimore]: Siran Neal, CB, Jacksonville State

Round 5, Pick 29 (No. 166 overall): Wyatt Teller, G, Virginia Tech

Round 6, Pick 13 (No. 187 overall): Ray-Ray McCloud, WR, Clemson

Round 7, Pick 37 (No. 255 overall): Austin Proehl, WR, North Carolina

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

17 hours ago, White Linen said:

I don't see any way he gets 14-15 million.  

I think 12 is more realistic, but I could see some team massively over bidding. Sammy and Allen Robinson got 16 per and there are more teams looking to get weapons for young QB's. 

On 1/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, colin said:

facts dude.

also, woods was distinctly a number 2 when he left us, and he got 8mm per year a few years ago, so his contract today would be closer to 10mm a year.

i'd say t williams gets 10-13mm per year (depending on guaranteed money, which is more important IMO) wherever he goes.  i can't say i wouldn't pay that for him.  ideally i want us to trade a pick for julio or someone like that, but we need to get new starters at WR/TE, and at least 2 OL positions, and that means free agency more than the draft to be honest.

Woods was a #2 when he left Buffalo, Tyrell Williams is a #3 receiver for the Chargers. The #4 receiver if you include Gordon. Ekeler only had 2 fewer receptions, so he was almost #5. He wants to get paid like a #1, that doesn't make him a #1.

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if I remember correctly, McBeane employs his "Gang of 17+" on the staff, many of which are former NFL execs at the VP of Personnel level or Directors of Pro Player Personnel....I'd bet the entire payroll including McBeane is north of $5 mil, ALL on Pegula's nickel...he spared no expense......and I'd say the results were pretty impressive with Proehl the only one gone...add in UDFA's Wallace and Foster for good measure...AND...their first draft together............

The estimable Kyle Williams is probably playing his last season, and the Bills likely hope Phillips can be the run defender to replace him. To replace Williams’s pass rushing, however, they may have to look elsewhere.

Round 5, Pick 17 (No. 154 overall) [via Baltimore]: Siran Neal, CB, Jacksonville State

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

If they can find some starters in the Drafts ( they will )

AND get rolling in FA with some key players i will be pleased.

That is a decent draft. But they needed player everywhere. This year they need to build the offense to some level of comfort.

If Josh is The Guy , and i think he is. We all need to see Beane's Boys give Allen what he needs to grow and stay healthy.

I do have a positive outlook my friend ! But this year i will have a critical eye on player acquisition  : )

19 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Woods was a #2 when he left Buffalo, Tyrell Williams is a #3 receiver for the Chargers. The #4 receiver if you include Gordon. Ekeler only had 2 fewer receptions, so he was almost #5. He wants to get paid like a #1, that doesn't make him a #1.

Can we get Robert Woods back ? ...

14 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

If they can find some starters in the Drafts ( they will )

AND get rolling in FA with some key players i will be pleased.

That is a decent draft. But they needed player everywhere. This year they need to build the offense to some level of comfort.

If Josh is The Guy , and i think he is. We all need to see Beane's Boys give Allen what he needs to grow and stay healthy.

I do have a positive outlook my friend ! But this year i will have a critical eye on player acquisition  : )

Can we get Robert Woods back ? ...

...funny how we thought $8 mil/yr was exorbitant and that's what the Rockpile Beerman makes....go figure...........:thumbsup:....

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...funny how we thought $8 mil/yr was exorbitant and that's what the Rockpile Beerman makes....go figure...........:thumbsup:....

yessir. looks like a decent deal now. i always liked Woods
But i am biased about Robert. Biased about Watkins too. Just opposite bias  lol

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

yessir. looks like a decent deal now. i always liked Woods
But i am biased about Robert. Biased about Watkins too. Just opposite bias  lol

...doubt it would have mattered bud.....even if Bflo sweetened the pot, he wanted to head back to the Left Coast which worked out well for him............

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...doubt it would have mattered bud.....even if Bflo sweetened the pot, he wanted to head back to the Left Coast which worked out well for him............

I know, he was being dissed and playing with Tyrod did not help his development.

Glad he has found some success outside Bills : )

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

For his production up until that point, it was.  But to credit him, he's earned it and then some.  More than Sammy has, thats for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, billsfan89 said:

I think he gets at worst 12 million aav and could get as high as 14-15 million aav. Personally I am not sure which vet WR the Bills will land. T.Williams and Tate are going to command huge money, I am not sure who else is really good on the market, John Brown will get paid close to 10 million aav not sure if he is a quality WR2 or not. There doesn't seem to be much else on the market other than Cole Beasely or maybe a released veteran like DeSean Jackson. 

Looks like you were a bit high.