Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's a 2 or 3.  He obviously is going to claim he's a 1 because he wants the money.

Yup, no doubt. Sounds like a guy who knows he's about to hit the open market and wants every team to know that he feels he's a #1 WR and should be paid like a #1 WR.  Someone is going to overpay to pay for this guy and regret it. Its not gonna be as easy when your not lining up with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Melvin Gordon and Antonio Gates and Hunter Henry taking attention away from you. He's going to be the center of attention now and have the double teams. I'm not dogging him, I like him as a 2 or 3 like you said for like 8 million a year. He reminds me of when Eric Decker went to the Jets from the Broncos and stunk.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude drops a ton of balls.

Im not a big fan. 

That's all I need to know. not interested.

Looking for:

1. Separation

2. Great hands

3. Catch radius

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Two drops on 65 targets this year -- is that a ton?

I like the 15.9 yards/reception and one TD every eight catches.

He’s a guy I’ve wanted for a while. I like his size and speed. If we didn’t sign him and went the N’Keal Harry or Metcalf Route in the draft I’d be okay with signing Humphries or Beasley instead. 

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Two drops on 65 targets this year -- is that a ton?

I like the 15.9 yards/reception and one TD every eight catches.

scottlaw has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drops.  he's salty and stern.

Just now, teef said:

scottlaw has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drops.  he's salty and stern.

Yeah, but at least he throws out his b.s. with authority.  I guess he hopes nobody has access to Google.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yeah, but at least he throws out his b.s. with authority.  I guess he hopes nobody has access to Google.

it doesn't matter if it's right...if it's angry, scott is putting it out there.

he really did just throw that out there.

Edited by teef

1 hour ago, teef said:

I consider myself a #1 wr too. See how easy that is?

^^^^Post of the day. I bet your drop rate is also not pedestrian? 

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Google schmoogle. Fake news! :P

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude drops a ton of balls.

Im not a big fan. 

What are you talking about? His drop rate is 3%. Zay's is almost 5%. He has a better "catchable ball" rate 87% than Zay 71%. Zay averages 6 yards per target to Tyrell's 12.5. I've been saying for weeks this guy is the best value fa wr we should focus on. Is he a true #1, NO.  But I'll let Josh decide who our #1 wr will be. If you can get him for 10M, do it!!

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

For all the smack talking about Williams being done in this thread, I'll say this:

Williams on one side, Foster on the other, and Zay Jones in the slot, with Duke Williams and Ian McKenzie as red zone and depth guys, respectively...would be a productive WR corps. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

If Sammie is worth $16M, how much is he worth?  The WR market has exploded in the passing era and seems out of whack relative to other positions.

IMO you are better off with 4 really good receivers vs 1 great receiver.

He's not Sammy good, yet he might be Robert Woods good with a little more speed. 

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What are you talking about? His drop rate is 3%. Zay's is almost 5%. He has a better "catchable ball" rate 87% than Zay 71%. Zay averages 6 yards per target to Tyrell's 12.5. I've been saying for weeks this guy is the best value fa wr we should focus on. Is he a true #1, NO.  But I'll let Josh decide who our #1 wr will be. If you can get him for 10M, do it!!

Exactly right.  That puts him 18th lowest in the league for drop rate compared to players with over 300 targets (he has 258).  

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He's not Sammy good, yet he might be Robert Woods good with a little more speed. 

Suggest the money he gets will be closer to Sammy then Woods..

I wouldn't be against the Bills signing him.. I doubt he comes though... Too many options..

I'm thinking the Bills will get Tate as he will be driven by the money and will end up with a lower contract with less guaranteed money than a couple of the younger guys  which might suit Beane..

Edited by Aussie Joe

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Every damn ball he catches goes for 15+ yards. He's turning 27 next month. He's 6-4 yet runs the same 4.45 as Zay. No one says he's a #1 caliber we yet, but let's sign him and let Josh decide. Every time I saw him play for the Chargers, he looked great. I don't want a 30 yr old Tate or even Funchess. Get this done OBD and then draft the best we in the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's a 2 or 3 on the Chargers. He'd be on top of the food chain here competing with Foster. Somebody is going to give this kid 10 plus a year. 

He's a 2 or 3 on most teams.  On the Bills arguably he could be a 1.  But I see Foster there.  And yes someone will pay him but I'm sure he's looking for a lot more than 10.

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

For all the smack talking about Williams being done in this thread, I'll say this:

Williams on one side, Foster on the other, and Zay Jones in the slot, with Duke Williams and Ian McKenzie as red zone and depth guys, respectively...would be a productive WR corps. 

Not at $15M+/year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He's a 2 or 3.  He obviously is going to claim he's a 1 because he wants the money.

He can think he's a 1 all he wants, he's put up WR 2/3 numbers, and his performance has been equivalent to that as well even given consideration to the offensive scheme he's played within. He's inconsistent and while he may be a helpful addition to the corps, he will not perform like the #1 WR we need or for the money would end up paying him.

That being said, go for it for the right offer - but I'd still want to draft a WR or top TE to compensate in that regard.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1