Potential Bills FA target Tyrell Williams considers himself a #1 WR

YoloinOhio

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

If Sammie is worth $16M, how much is he worth?  The WR market has exploded in the passing era and seems out of whack relative to other positions.

IMO you are better off with 4 really good receivers vs 1 great receiver.

Seriously, I mean look at NE

Obviously he's going to say that because that's his goal.   Seemed to get separation and isn't afraid to play the middle which I like.

I think at this point Rivers is throwing the slowest ball in the league and Josh is throwing the fastest, so it would be hilarious to see his reaction the first time he catches a few from #17.

Rivers reminds me exactly of Peyton in that last year when he won the superbowl with only 13 passes completed and had a total noodle arm.  Wobbly, big arc.  Easy to catch when they finally arrive.

Amazing what a dozen plus years playing at high level learning all the nuances of the qb position can make up for when your skills diminish....

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

If Sammie is worth $16M, how much is he worth?  The WR market has exploded in the passing era and seems out of whack relative to other positions.

IMO you are better off with 4 really good receivers vs 1 great receiver.

I feel like that has always been the case.  Wasn't there a point in time when it had been like 5 years since a Super Bowl winning team even had a round 1 WR?  I mean, how good are the Giants? Or the Falcons? Or the Bengals?  They all have those stellar WR1s, but what has that done for them? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

?

A lot. The difference of those teams offenses when OBJ and Julio Jones are on the field vs out is tremendous. 

They haven't not won because of those guys. They've lost despite having those type of players.

Well of course, but its an asset allocation issue.  The value of a WR1, or those guys in particular, does not increase the quality of your team enough to offset the loss created by signing those guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

He would definitely compete for the #1 position here in Buffalo. This FA class of WRs has a bunch of 2 and 3s.

He's a 2 or 3.  He obviously is going to claim he's a 1 because he wants the money.

• Like (+1) 3

LOL at him being a #1. I think he has some work to do to even be considered a #2, but I can't blame him for saying it as he enters free agency.

I think he'd be decent addition, but if wants anything close to WR1 money, he can keep walking.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's a 2 or 3.  He obviously is going to claim he's a 1 because he wants the money.

He's a 2 or 3 on the Chargers. He'd be on top of the food chain here competing with Foster. Somebody is going to give this kid 10 plus a year. 

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's a 2 or 3 on the Chargers. He'd be on top of the food chain here competing with Foster. Somebody is going to give this kid 10 plus a year. 

He certainly could be a #1 here based on the current situation. I’m not too concerned with the $, if the Bills think he is a difference maker then pay him. If not then don’t. He will get the $ somewhere.