6 Potential QB coach candidates

YoloinOhio

I still say Chudzinski would be the best hire. He hasn't been a quarterbacks coach specifically, but he's been an OC and a head coach and he is a smart guy who gets along with McDermott. The other obvious one is Ken Dorsey. Morningwheh is a tried and true west coast system guy. 

Other names outside the box a bit who are E-P guys: 

Todd Haley. Super abrasive, but a guy who would likely get the best out of Josh Allen. I think he hates lazy people. He will love Josh Allen and I think he would bring a little edge to the staff.  

Chan Gailey. Another E-P guy who is old, but is a really great offensive mind. 

Jim Zorn, again an older guy, but he's got a ton of experience and worked under Daboll in Kansas City. 

Those last three guys are bit older, so is Chud, but I actually like the idea of an older guy with a ton of experience coaching up Josh. I might be in the minority there, but we don't necessarily need a young, innovative mind, we need a guy who is going to push Josh and get the best out of him.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Derek Anderson - Allen seemed to learn a lot from him, the FO has re-signed him to be the 3rd QB so I'm not sure they'd cut him as QB and sign him back as QB Coach.

Ken Dorsey - Decent college QB, not much in the NFL but I believe he has Carolina roots and we know McBeane likes that.

Jim Bob Cooter - Has experience as an NFL OC and we all know that Daboll will become a HC somewhere next year ... SMH ... so he could fill a niche this year and into the future.

What About....

Jerry Schuplinski

Assistant QB coach New England Patriots.  3rd year as assistant QB coach. Brian Daboll and him were coaches there from 2013-2016.  Been in the same offensive system Bills are running, worked with Brady and has probably picked his brain as much as Josh McDaniels.  Been with New England for 5 years.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

Palmer-has the perfect set up; in demand, sets his own schedule, probably makes a good buck and have sessions year round

Mornhinweig-almost as traveled as much as the NBA's Larry Brown

Zorn-out of football since 2012

Jim Bob Cooter-why no interviews as a potential OC candidate with openings league wide? Would he take a step down?

Ken Dorsey-'nuff said; Carolina Connection in play?

Anderson-mentor or coaching material?

40 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I also don't think the Bills want to take away the coach Allen prefers to work with in the offseason.

True, plus Palmer has a good deal going. Especially in the offseason working for big name prospects and current players. That would be hard to walk away from knowing he could do that for the next 10 years vs gambling on McDermott and being a QB coach.

Im in favor of Jerry Schuplinski. Assistant QB coach for the Patriots. Knows the system, knows and has worked with Daboll, worked and coached the best QB of all time, younger guy etc.