Astro’s Scouting the Scouts - tracked which college games Bills scouts and FO leadership attended

YoloinOhio

On 1/30/2019 at 2:55 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I believe he works for the draft website Draftek, as well as the Bills Mafia blog site. So this is his job, so to speak. 

I believe he wrote on here that he retired and was able to really cover TC at SJF every day. That was a couple of years ago and before he stopped posting here regularly. I check in on his Dreaftek picks around this time of year. He knows his subject matter. 

On 1/30/2019 at 4:00 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Ok, that explains it.  Too bad he does not work for the BILLS.

And you think they’re interested in getting reports from him on where their scouts have been? :huh:

On 1/30/2019 at 9:55 AM, YoloinOhio said:

He is usually really good with how many times they go to see specific schools - they saw Tre White play live 3x for example but we all thought that they were there to see Jamal Adams based on where they were drafting before they traded down. What threw me off big time last year was that they never went to see Josh Allen play live. Unless it was uncredentialed. They saw Darnold 2x and Beane and Schoen went to see Rudolph. 

They saw Allen play like 2 or 3 times. I remember seeing people talk about them never going but there were actually reports out there of the few games they went to see Wyoming play.

19 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They saw Allen play like 2 or 3 times. I remember seeing people talk about them never going but there were actually reports out there of the few games they went to see Wyoming play.

We found one report right before the draft about them being at one Wyoming game. Didn’t say who was there, just said Bills. A couple months ago Beane did an interview and referred to a game he attended.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I always find this interesting come draft season 

Astro’s Scouting The Scouts

I love me some 'stro, but using results as a way to determine who they were there to watch is fallacy (and homerism). 

Edit after further review...QB Tyree Jackson R3 or higher & I would ***** a brick (& not in a good way).

Edit of the edit after further, further review...the dearth of O-line mentions was predictable when you use a box score as the basis of your opinions.  The most linemen are mentioned when he gets into the Beane discussion at the end (and ignores box scores).

Edited by Cripple Creek

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I love me some 'stro, but using results as a way to determine who they were there to watch is fallacy (and homerism). 

Edit after further review...QB Tyree Jackson R3 or higher & I would ***** a brick (& not in a good way).

Edit of the edit after further, further review...the dearth of O-line mentions was predictable when you use a box score as the basis of your opinions.  The most linemen are mentioned when he gets into the Beane discussion at the end (and ignores box scores).

Perhaps it would be more efficient to thoroughly review THEN comment.  Once.  #justtryingtohelp

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My money is on Bars solely because, as a projected mid-round pick, he's a

a.) senior
b.) team captain

Without the stats to back it up, Beane seems to have really valued those qualities in his picks over the last few years
Edited by junior12thman92
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

a.) senior
b.) team captain

Without the stats to back it up, Beane seems to have really valued those qualities in his picks over the last few years

ND fan I assume? Any other insight/opinion on this player? 

47 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

a.) senior
b.) team captain

Alex Bars is this year's Teller. Unfortunate injury that derailed his senior season but if he's available in the 5th would love to take a flier on him.

From Astro:

Since the last week in August, credentialed scouts for the Bills have seen a plethora of WRs in live games. Eighteen of them declared for the draft, and are listed here. I’ve attempted to rank order the WRs’ relative performances vs the given opponent and link you to cued-up video of the player in most games. Remember that teams get access to full game film of every game, but the weight of the scouts’ opinions may bear on the selection of a new wide receiver –or two– for the Bills in April. I’ve boldly and foolishly added the round and pick he’d be available to the Bills (my pre-Combine guess).

http://billsmafia.com/2019/02/21/ranking-bills-scouted-receivers-nfl/

Edited by YoloinOhio