Astro’s Scouting the Scouts - tracked which college games Bills scouts and FO leadership attended

YoloinOhio

On 2/28/2019 at 4:30 PM, BuffAlone said:

Not a fan of Irv Smith's measurables. Not sure McBeane would be either

How many times was Irv Smith on the turf at the combine? Maybe Dabol puts in a good word but I'm not so sure he goes in the top 50.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Astro has been saying it is his opinion the Bills will be very active in FA on the OL and doesn’t think they go OL early in draft. Just his view

Which makes sense as lack of padded practice makes it a tough curve for young lineman 

Edited by NoSaint

40 minutes ago, turftoe said:

How many times was Irv Smith on the turf at the combine? Maybe Dabol puts in a good word but I'm not so sure he goes in the top 50.

I agree. I don't think he is a top 50 prospect either. Hard to imagine him being a reliable blocker at the next level

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Astro has been saying it is his opinion the Bills will be very active in FA on the OL and doesn’t think they go OL early in draft. Just his view

In the past has Astro been connected or accurate with his predictions? :)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD and Beane both downplayed the idea of a “#1 WR” at the combine and stressed they want guys who can “get open and catch the ball”

Great stuff! Note that both WR from Ole Miss not named DK have had multiple contacts with the FO. Both have higher catch percentage. AJ in the 2nd, Lodge in the 4th? 

Edited by BuffAlone

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I thought about Miles Sanders yesterday after hearing of Gore. I see a lot of similarities between the two. And what better model to follow if you are Sanders

I watch a lot of penn state and LOVE Miles Sanders. I actually saw similarities to Barkley. He’s not the elite KR that Barkley was and doesn’t have the top end speed but I actually thought he hit the hole a little better as a pure RB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 3/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Astro is the Bills correspondent for Drafttek, and I note in their latest Mock draft they have Quinnen Williams as the Bills pick at 9...

Dreams are free I guess...

http://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

They also have Ridley at Pick 40 and Julian Love at 74...  Hope Beane did a good job fixing the OL in Free Agency..

If Julian Love is there in 3rd round you run to the podium and trample over anyone that is your way. Legit #1 CB. Night and day anytime he wasn't in game for ND. He prob doesn't make it out of the second though.

Edited by badassgixxer05
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I watch a lot of penn state and LOVE Miles Sanders. I actually saw similarities to Barkley. He’s not the elite KR that Barkley was and doesn’t have the top end speed but I actually thought he hit the hole a little better as a pure RB. 

I watch a lot too. I live just down the road. I suppose it is his body type and the way he hits the hole that reminds me of Gore. Tough. North/South.but enough wiggle to make people miss. I also think his hands are better than people think and would look great running behind some big nasties. He doesn't have Barkley's speed, but enough. Would love to have him as a Bill

Edited by BuffAlone

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

If Julian Love is there in 3rd round you run to the podium and trample over anyone that is your way. Legit #1 CB. Night and day anytime he wasn't in game for ND.

My new draft crush is Miles Boykin at WR. I think he would be perfect complement to Bills WR core. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My new draft crush is Miles Boykin at WR. I think he would be perfect complement to Bills WR core. 

His combine numbers sure were surprising. He never showed much separation. Always looked like he was running with cement shoes on, but has good hands and can go up for the ball for sure. Where the heck was all that speed when i was screaming at tv to get one of the young speedsters on the field during the playoff! ?