staying one step ahead with Bill Belichick

stuvian

get an egoless and talented QB

get him to the line with 20 on the shotclock

allow him to audible or kill a play based on his read of the D and get the ball in the air in half a second

take those 7 easy yards on 1st and 10

nobody else cares to bother with this?

• Like (+1) 1

Exploiting the compensatory pick rules is worth mentioning along with drafting well and successfully navigating free agency plus getting good players in trades for what has been peanuts.  Year after year the Patriots seem to get multiple compensatory picks for losing players to free agency.  Teams like the Bills seem to get none.  I thought of this when the Bills waived Benjamin prior to season's end.  Waiving him sent a message but simply deactivating him on game day and swallowing a couple game checks would have resulted in his contract expiring and the loss of a 1st round type player against the compensation system.  Now the Bills get no credit under the system.

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Exploiting the compensatory pick rules is worth mentioning along with drafting well and successfully navigating free agency plus getting good players in trades for what has been peanuts.  Year after year the Patriots seem to get multiple compensatory picks for losing players to free agency.  Teams like the Bills seem to get none.  I thought of this when the Bills waived Benjamin prior to season's end.  Waiving him sent a message but simply deactivating him on game day and swallowing a couple game checks would have resulted in his contract expiring and the loss of a 1st round type player against the compensation system.  Now the Bills get no credit under the system.

Kelvin is most likely signing a 1 year prove it deal for very little money. It would not have brought back much if anything for a comp pick

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Trades are a mystery to me.

Teams that are desperate get nothing in return and good teams get more than they deserve.

As a fan of the Leafs and Jays and Raptors I have watched stars in their prime flicker off to contenders for absolutely nothing in return for most of the last 4 decades.

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

But but this type of offence wont work Ive heard it here many times.

every day since 2001 someone has stated that all you have to do is simply rush Brady and put a little pressure on him and he will crumble

and they are all very serious.....

10 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Then he wasn't that good.

yeah he was

attitude wasn't the best, but again he was stuck with the worst luck of a shipload of horrible HCs

a stronger arm than Josh Allen and accurate right out of college..... the biggest waste of a QB barring injury in my years of watching

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

yeah he was

attitude wasn't the best, but again he was stuck with the worst luck of a shipload of horrible HCs

a stronger arm than Josh Allen and accurate right out of college..... the biggest waste of a QB barring injury in my years of watching

No QB that has ever played has had a stronger arm than Allen

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No QB that has ever played has had a stronger arm than Allen

LOL!!!

goddess help us all with this hype....

Doug Williams was stronger, it seemed futile until that one Super Bowl when it clicked perfectlly.

Just now, row_33 said:

LOL!!!

goddess help us all with this hype....

Doug Williams was stronger, it seemed futile until that one Super Bowl when it clicked perfectlly.

Its not hype, 60 yards through the air, flat footed and square to the goal line is insane.  You obviously know nothing about throwing.  Jeff Goerge a great QB and you want to talk anout hype.  Youre stuck on hype from how many years ago LMAO.  What a joke.

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Trades are a mystery to me.

Teams that are desperate get nothing in return and good teams get more than they deserve.

As a fan of the Leafs and Jays and Raptors I have watched stars in their prime flicker off to contenders for absolutely nothing in return for most of the last 4 decades.

Bad organizations do dumb things out of desperation.  Good organizations do smart things based on opportunity.  It's really that simple.

• Like (+1) 1