Dolphins Plan to Tank

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins-reportedly-planning-to-tank-next-season/ar-BBSVCkq?ocid=ientp

As much as I hate this source, I find it to be hilarious that this is already being talked about.  Seems like they're finally ready to move on from Tannehill, which should've been done a long time ago.  If this is truly their plan, I don't mind 2 easy wins next season.  I will enjoy seeing our team on the upswing while the other division foes try to catch up.  #GOBILLS!!!

Dolphins will struggle mightily next year. I expect the Jets to continue the Dolphins legacy of 8-8 football (and they have the perfect coach to do it).

I also expect the Bills to be around 8 wins, but hopefully more!

Don't do it.  Tannehill has only been in the league 6 years,  don't pull the plug now.  Just overspend on a few free agents and give it another whirl.  If anyone should think about tanking next year, it should be the Patriots.  Get rid of the coach and their over the hill QB.  Maybe they should pick up Tannehill if available.  Maybe an even trade with Miami for Brady.  Just offering suggestions, I doubt they'll listen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought they were tanking the last two years when Gase let emotional decisions decide how he coached a football team.  

Cutler, trading Landry, cutting Suh, signing Frank Gore and using him over Kenyan Drake.

Not sure who wants to tank worse the Dolphins or the team who just signed up for three years of Space Case Gase.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins-reportedly-planning-to-tank-next-season/ar-BBSVCkq?ocid=ientp

As much as I hate this source, I find it to be hilarious that this is already being talked about.  Seems like they're finally ready to move on from Tannehill, which should've been done a long time ago.  If this is truly their plan, I don't mind 2 easy wins next season.  I will enjoy seeing our team on the upswing while the other division foes try to catch up.  #GOBILLS!!!

because it is.  

this is just silly "reporting"

• Like (+1) 1

These columnist comments about tanking is nuts.  Every coach is trying to save their job, and every player is playing for his contract or tape to be seen by other teams.

The only time I would agree was the last game of the Bucs to secure the #1 spot for Winston.  They did play hard even with a losing season up to that point.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

It's honestly not a bad plan considering where they are at. Puts them in good position to draft Justin Herbert who will likely be the #1 QB next year. if they were truly committed they should tank for 2021 and try to land Trevor Lawrence from Clemson.

I'm not sure but I heard that a player named Tua is also pretty good.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The only time I would agree was the last game of the Bucs to secure the #1 spot for Winston.  They did play hard even with a losing season up to that point.

How about the Bills against the Jets in the last game of the season, after they fired Rex, and started EJ?? A very effective mini-tank that put them in position to pass on Pat Mahomes.

Edited by mannc
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

A first year coach can't afford to tank these days. Look at Wilks in AZ. He just inherited a bad team overall and got the axe after 1 season. 

That's what contract guarantees are for.  I guess the Dolphins aren't as clueless as I thought.  Tanking is exactly what they should do.  Now let's wait and see if they have the patience to do it right.