How the Super Bowl Isn't Quite as Super as it Use to Be !!

T master

8 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If they moved it to Saturday it would help 

There’s a bigger chance they would move it to Monday before they would Saturday.

The host city wants as much revenue as possible. The Saturday before the game is the biggest money maker to the city economy.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Would be super if the two best teams were actually playing in it.

It would be more super if the cheats weren’t in it once again.   On,y reason most people are watching these days in hope they see cheats get destroyed 

The Super Bowl has become one big media event.  An opportunity for heavyweight corporate sponsors to entertain some high-worth clients, the networks to jack up advertising rates with companies demonstrating just how clever they and their ad agencies are with commercial spots (probably full of virtue signaling this year), and the league showcasing the latest taxpayer sponsored palace  This year MB stadium in Atlanta.  The importance of the actual game is diminished.  I've missed the big game a few times in recent years but I'm going to watch on Sunday.  The main thing I'm interested in is to see if McVay is really the genius that everybody is making him out to be.  Can he do something few have done?  Which is outsmart and out-plan Belichik.   

As long as the Pats* play in it it will be less exciting to watch.  

I remember people complaining about the same team being their 4 times in a row as a detractor....  (but then again maybe it was the 2 previous blowouts)  

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Super Bowl has become one big media event.  An opportunity for heavyweight corporate sponsors to entertain some high-worth clients, the networks to jack up advertising rates with companies demonstrating just how clever they and their ad agencies are with commercial spots (probably full of virtue signaling this year), and the league showcasing the latest taxpayer sponsored palace  This year MB stadium in Atlanta.  The importance of the actual game is diminished.  I've missed the big game a few times in recent years but I'm going to watch on Sunday.  The main thing I'm interested in is to see if McVay is really the genius that everybody is making him out to be.  Can he do something few have done?  Which is outsmart and out-plan Belichik.   

I heard Coke will only air a commercial before the game and not spend $5 mil on a spot during the game. 

Coca-Cola is pulling back from the Super Bowl after an 11-year run, opting to run a commercial just before kickoff of the CBS broadcast of the game on February 3, but not in the event itself.

CBS is seeking between $5.1 million and $5.3 million for commercial packages that air in the game itself. Ads that run pre-game can cost anywhere from hundreds of thousands of dollars to a few million, depending on their proximity to the start of the annual pigskin contest

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If they moved it to Saturday it would help 

I would love that as staying up and having a party would be great.  I work too early in the morning to go to the whole Sunday parties.  We usually stay for the first half then drive home at halftime.

i don’t see football or the SB falling i popularity.  It’s the single most watched program worldwide of the year, and ratings these two seasons are up even with all of these other outlets to watch games.

• Like (+1) 1

It was all hype, we only had 4 legit entertainment options when it was at its "peak"

Just like MNF was hyped into something that cured cancer....

It's just a game that you aren't really playing in.

Pat Fatigue is one big reason that I won't be watching.

Indeed, the Super Bowl was much more of a "thing" when it was the LAST time most would be able to watch football for NINE MONTHS.

With today's technology, you can watch the SB or any football game whenever you want.

I will only watch this SB if the Pats get spanked! 

8 hours ago, QCity said:

I'm of the opinion that the conference title games have typically been more exciting anyways.

If you're are really into football (more than, say, halftime shows), that’s the day to throw your big party. Far more football, and less hype. A much better chance of getting at least one good game. This year was just fantastic, even if the wrong teams ended up in the big game. Oops! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, T master said:

Although i know what some will say then don't watch them but what is the sense of even showing them ? What happened to the teaser in TV sure they could maybe show a small piece of a couple to get us to wonder what happens like they do in TV shows but why show them at all ? If the NFL wonders why viewership may be down could this type of thinking be a part of the reason ? 

If this is what they do with the commercials why not show us what the half time show before the game too, just have a show that goes inside the half time show practice so we know what that will be like too !

WTF...

• Like (+1) 1

Friends of mine and I aren't watching it this year. Both championship games had horrible calls that most likely changed the outcome of the games and I can't stomach watching that arrogant f**k any more.

Edit: If I hear the Pats are getting destroyed I'll turn it on to watch Brady cry.

Edited by Billsfanatixs
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billsfanatixs said:

If I hear the Pats are getting destroyed I'll turn it on to watch Brady cry.

Just hope that the Rams don't become the Falcons in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1

They can't show you the halftime show beforehand because it hasn't been put together yet- no lie.  I recently met the gal who is putting together the social media for the Super Bowl brand of the NFL.  The whole SB 'show' is still a work in progress.  

Aside from the Patriots* losing, I couldn't care less about the SB show... as long as Fox isn't doing it- their cameras are always annoyingly mis-matched and Buck/Aikman are robotic blowhards.  

Would be more hyped for us fans if the Bills made it back. What's interesting is that the Bills only lost by 13 to one of the greatest teams ever (91 Redskins). Yet, they got blown out by teams that were not considered the "Best" ever (92 & 93 Cowboys). Is the 13 point loss to the Skins misleading? Did they basically go "prevent" after getting out to a big lead?

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Actually, it's been a massive media event since the mid-70s (SB ad rates set records every year back then too), but most of the games sucked in that earlier era. It was rife with blowouts. 

• Like (+1) 1