Most Realistic 3 Round Mock from Draft Wire

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-trades-3-rounds-updated-dwayne-haskins-kyler-murray-nick-bosa-senior-bowl/

Includes Bills trading back.

Has us taking 2 OL - Little and Jenkins and 2 Wideouts - Butler and Brown

Can quibble about the actual players a bit but kinda like the 4 surefire starter haul.

Personally, based on knowledge acquired so far (still limited), I'd go with Jawaan Taylor or Cody Ford over Little and Deebo Samuel over those wideouts, but I can be convinced otherwise.

I would be excited about this draft, however, if it did fall this way and we went OL and WR...with our 2nd pick in the second round I would certainly grab Hockenson or Ximines (EDGE rusher I love) over another WR.  This is a deep WR class, there will be guys who fall into the 3rd and 4th rounds.  

Also, lets say we do trade down (I have mocked this myself as I think we will trade down with Washington).  With 10 picks plus what we net in a trade down which will be at least a 2nd and possibly even an additional pick (between rounds 3 and 5) we would sitting on 11 or 12 picks.  I doubt Beane wants to draft that many players, so I would think Beane would look to move some picks around to move up to get a guy.

I dont think its out of the question to see Beane package our 3rd and one of our 4ths to get back into the 2nd round for a THIRD prospect in the 2nd.  Or even both our 4ths to get back into the 3rd for a 2nd time.  I feel like Beane will use that draft capital to move around for someone he covets. 

For instance, if BOTH Hockenson and Ximines (Who I really think is a McD and Beane type target) were there in the 2nd, I could easily see us drafting one and then trading up to get the other.  I even mocked both guys to us in my 4 round mock that involved the same trade down...except I had us moving up into the bottom of the first to take Hockenson.  

• Like (+1) 1

lol that mock draft has New England picking Tyree Jackson in the 2nd round? While i'd be happy with the picks the BIlls made in this hypothetical list, having the Pats drafting Tyree in the 2nd doesnt give me much faith into whoever made this list. Do people really expect him to get drafted so high? From what I've seen he'd be lucky to get drafted in the 4th round.

Or could this be Gronk 2.0 where he goes on to have a HOF career & punishes the Bills every Sunday as revenge for us not drafting him?

I think its a safer bet to say u cant put much stock in mock drafts haha, but they are fun to read since its all we have for a few months

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no such thing as a realistic mock draft.  

Yeah, not this early anyway.

Mocks are liked mostly by how well a given team's fans feel that team fills - in that mock - its biggest needs. This mock does indeed very thoroughly fill Bills fans biggest desires in terms of position.

But Beane has said he won't act from need.

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

lol that mock draft has New England picking Tyree Jackson in the 2nd round? While i'd be happy with the picks the BIlls made in this hypothetical list, having the Pats drafting Tyree in the 2nd doesnt give me much faith into whoever made this list. Do people really expect him to get drafted so high? From what I've seen he'd be lucky to get drafted in the 4th round.

Or could this be Gronk 2.0 where he goes on to have a HOF career & punishes the Bills every Sunday as revenge for us not drafting him?

I think its a safer bet to say u cant put much stock in mock drafts haha, but they are fun to read since its all we have for a few months

Yep.  Jackson in the 2nd as a QB is a joke.  As a TE (but can he be one?)...

This is a strange year for mock drafts.  Usually there is some consistency between most of them, but this year is strange. you will see a player mocked in the top 10 on one list and then late in round 2 in another (like TJ Hockensen. #51 here, but Daniel Jeremiah has him at #8) There seems to be more of that this year than usual.