Lance Zierlein Mock 1.0: Bills select WR DK Metcalf (and some other relatively crazy picks included)

DCOrange

I do not read this with any kind of expectations since so many trades will happen by then, these kind of things mean about as much as ones done before the season. wait to see who is signed in free agency and then start looking. But Ed Oliver is gonna drop unless someone falls in love because he is talented but appears to be a head case.

Metcalf is definitely my guy right now...

I really like a few of the O-Linemen...And if that's the way the Bills go, fine...There's also the chance D.K. goes in the Top 8...

But if he's there at 9...I'm all in on taking him...He has legit #1 WR traits...And in a way, the Josh Allen pick makes me believe McBeane will be more than willing to gamble on greatness...?

4 hours ago, Logic said:

For some perspective, here's a mock draft he released for LAST YEAR'S draft at about the same time of year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000912165/article/lance-zierlein-mock-draft-10-darnold-barkley-bolster-browns?campaign=fb-nf-sf180709256-sf180709256&sf180709256=1

0/32.

But most are in the right neighborhood. That didn't look bad for so very early.

Although a top flight wideout would be great, I see us taking an OT as there are several out there.  I believe the top three picks will be on offense.  A lineman, or two, and a wideout or TE.  We may then take the third on down probably to fill some of the defensive needs.  Think about it, we had the #2 defense, #1 against the pass, and the 31st rated offense.  Beene would be crazy to pick defensive players high, when we only lost Kyle and Phillips was groomed to be his replacement.

Just my two cents.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well, his description of Jonah Williams does echo mine.

As well has he has played in his entire career at Alabama, I am not sure if he is big enough to play LT in the NFL. He very well might be and again, he is good at every facet of OL play. I want to see his combine numbers, especially with the 225. I will speculate that if he is placed at LG, he will be an immediate impact player, perhaps a star.

Jmo.

18 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah, the Metcalf pick isn't remotely close to the crazy parts. People are going nuts about, for a few examples:

• Bosa falling to 3
  • Quinnen Williams falling to 5
  • Oliver falling to 28 (Zierlein also says multiple NFL teams view Oliver as a linebacker/edge prospect, not a defensive tackle)
  • Kyler going top 5
  • Haskins as the 3rd QB taken

I know people aren't high on Oliver, but I wouldn't mind him becoming BPA for us at 9 and trying him out at 5 tech...both him and Hughes on the edges might just be the pass rush we've been needing.