Lance Zierlein Mock 1.0: Bills select WR DK Metcalf (and some other relatively crazy picks included)

DCOrange

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It wouldn't shock me. They swung for the fences on Edmunds and Allen. Metcalf fits the mold of freak athlete who has yet to truly excel (untapped "POTENTIAL").

Yeah, the Metcalf pick isn't remotely close to the crazy parts. People are going nuts about, for a few examples:

• Bosa falling to 3
  • Quinnen Williams falling to 5
  • Oliver falling to 28 (Zierlein also says multiple NFL teams view Oliver as a linebacker/edge prospect, not a defensive tackle)
  • Kyler going top 5
  • Haskins as the 3rd QB taken
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCOrange said:

Yeah, the Metcalf pick isn't remotely close to the crazy parts. People are going nuts about, for a few examples:

• Bosa falling to 3
  • Quinnen Williams falling to 5
  • Oliver falling to 28 (Zierlein also says multiple NFL teams view Oliver as a linebacker/edge prospect, not a defensive tackle)
  • Kyler going top 5
  • Haskins as the 3rd QB taken

Yeah. I figured as much. When you preface your mock with, "Let the hate flow through you and fuel your twitter anger," you're likely trying to get attention with some outrageous content. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I figured as much. When you preface your mock with, "Let the hate flow through you and fuel your twitter anger," you're likely trying to get attention with some outrageous content. 

I think it's a running joke on #DraftTwitter because fans freak out at every single mock no matter what these people do, but I imagine he also knew he was going to get killed for a lot of this stuff.

It's really interesting though because he's very well connected and evaluates prospects as well as anyone out there IMO.

I don't know how much of this actually comes to fruition, but I don't think this stuff can be completely written off either. I also agree with a couple of the takes personally, though I have Oliver as the #3 prospect in the draft so I definitely don't agree there lol.

Just now, DCOrange said:

I think it's a running joke on #DraftTwitter because fans freak out at every single mock no matter what these people do, but I imagine he also knew he was going to get killed for a lot of this stuff.

It's really interesting though because he's very well connected and evaluates prospects as well as anyone out there IMO.

I don't know how much of this actually comes to fruition, but I don't think this stuff can be completely written off either. I also agree with a couple of the takes personally, though I have Oliver as the #3 prospect in the draft so I definitely don't agree there lol.

I know Zierlein is relatively well regarded, so who knows. Last year may have been an aberration with so few surprises. Allen over Bosa? Meh. Maybe. Ferrell and Oliver in the 20's? More likely Ferrell drops. Can't see ANY way Oliver goes 28, but I've heard the spiel about GM's not liking what they see in person. We shall see. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if that were the QB order. Murray is the kind of prospect some team will fall in love with. I think he's really overselling his point by mocking Oliver at 28.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, that was absolutely terrible and far fetched. It's nothing more than click/retweet bait and not for good reasons. 

And yet every single year the draft goes completely differently than everyone expected.

Is this one of those mocks that starts out crazy and then gets slowly revised to something approaching reality? You know, to give the impression the author is working around-the-clock on it in the months leading up to the draft?

I could definitely see Metcalf being the pick. It would be a surprise to most people but it makes sense. He has elite physical traits and that's the type of player McDermott and Beane look for in the 1st round. He has the most upside potential of any offensive player in the draft. Biggest concern is the neck injury. If he's fully recovered from that I expect him to blow up the combine and I doubt he makes it out of the top 10.