Siberian’ stigma: How the Bills recruit free agents to Buffalo and why deep pockets don’t always help

Logic

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

I have no intention of disrespecting you or your marriage. In my opinion, however, there is no room for "wearing the pants" in a relationship. To me, the husband and wife should be equals. Nobody should "wear the pants". That's obviously not your opinion, and if you have been married for 30 years you are doing something right.

But I think traditional male dominated families are on the decline and I think that is for the best. I do believe husband's need to be providers, protectors, etc., but I think there needs to be far more cooperation and equality in marriage and less domination and exercising of authority by males.

With these enlightened modern strategies for successful marriages - how come the results aren't getting better?

When a player says there isn't enough to do in Buffalo, I wonder what exactly they are looking for? First of all, they are here to play ball, not party. Second there are only 5 or 6 franchises that can offer celebrity hot tub parties on a regular basis.

But this may be a good reason to build a covered stadium.

Denial. It’s true. Why would anyone choose to come here? It’s nice for 5 or 6 months out of the year maybe. The rest of the year is spent in hibernation mode. Get out there and see what the rest of the country has to offer. Yet here I am living in WNY ?

2 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I don't want ignorant people asking for excessive amounts of money (a location fee, per se) to come to Buffalo to play. Players talk, the ones that are here, know the environment and most seem to love it once they're here. If you're seeking out employment, you get an idea from others, what it's like before thinking of coming to a city / team. Harris' comment (or lack there of) proves he's just ignorant. Maybe Buffalo isn't for him, but w/o having direct knowledge...that's just a stupid thing to do. Give me someone who's mature enough and wants to embrace the environment...not only be there because they offered the most money. 

Forget all that.  99 percent of players are not from the region.  Wherever they're going, ultimately, has to do with money.  I don't care why they show up as long as they do what they're paid to do.  Like any other job with any other person walking the earth.

52 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Nature disagrees with you. Men are dominant, woman are submissive. Its been that way for thousands of years and regardless of how ever much people want to logically make it not this way, it just is. Men who refuse to lead, have no ambition and cannot play the male role in relstionahips these days ARE the problem not the solution.

Thats why feminists both love AND hate the men that support them...they love the fact they are able to control them and get their way and keep pushing and pushing and pushing but they secretly HATE them for giving up their power, for being submissive and for not leading.

Men are expected to lead and women want to follow. When women are forced to play the male role in relationships due to the drastic decline in male testosterone  since the 50s and the widespread use of plastics and pesticides they end up resenting it deep down because it goes against instincts. Thats a big reason for the high divorce rates..stop many people wanting to reverse gender roles...maybe it sounds like a great idea but nature, instincts and evolution dont care about your logic.

Not according to science, bud.

51 minutes ago, White Linen said:

With these enlightened modern strategies for successful marriages - how come the results aren't getting better?

Selfishness is also increasing and morals are decreasing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It makes sense many players do not live in Buffalo full time.  They are not from there!  They have the financial resources to live somewhere else that is close to their home town or family.   I would do the same thing. 

Once the Bills start making the playoffs on a regular basis , it will  get easier to entice FAs. Bottom line. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It makes sense many players do not live in Buffalo full time.  They are not from there!  They have the financial resources to live somewhere else that is close to their home town or family.   I would do the same thing. 

Once the Bills start making the playoffs on a regular basis , it will  get easier to entice FAs. Bottom line. 

It's really as simple as this.  That, and hoping Allen takes the proverbial next step.  As they said in the article...all about the "Q."

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not according to science, bud.

Selfishness is also increasing and morals are decreasing.

According to research and anyone who understands that no matter how hard you try to make it so, women and men will never be the same, want the same things and value the same things.  As women attempt to become more "masculine" their happiness level has dropped significantly...leading to relationship strife, divorces and feelings of unfulfillment. But keep pushing the beta agenda if you wish...it hasnt worked for the entire history of mankind...maybe you'll get lucky one day and it suddenly will...

https://www.christianheadlines.com/columnists/al-mohler/feminism-unfulfilled-—-why-are-so-many-women-unhappy-11610259.html

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

Eh. This stuff is so overrated.  Put me in charge of the Bills and we would have no problem getting free agents.

1) you build team through the draft anyways and use FA to supplement your roster

2) what FA that would have matter significantly refused to come to Buffalo

3) I’d argue the fact that we suck for the last 15 years is a bigger reason than the weather.  NE has no problem with FAs.

• Like (+1) 1

We should help.  

Accentuate the positive and start a list of the really nice things that are within 8 hours driving distance.

1) The Jello Museum in Leroy.

2) The Ripley’s Believe it or Not thing over there in Canada.

3) The Irondequoit Mall

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.  There’s bound to be more.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, hemma said:

We should help.  

Accentuate the positive and start a list of the really nice things that are within 8 hours driving distance.

1) The Jello Museum in Leroy.

2) The Ripley’s Believe it or Not thing over there in Canada.

3) The Irondequoit Mall

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.  There’s bound to be more.

Manhattan! I kid. I kid. NYC is a trash city. Can't stand it.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Manhattan! I kid. I kid. NYC is a trash city. Can't stand it.

My brother lived in NYC. Love visiting him there but think you’re a moron to live there full time unless you like being a broke college kid who likes striking out with resume effers.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

My brother lived in NYC. Love visiting him there but think you’re a moron to live there full time unless you like being a broke college kid who likes striking out with resume effers.

Can't deal with a city where you gotta fight through sidewalks like a freaking traffic jam. Only time I was there was the week before the SB so maybe it's not always that bad. Prefer to have some space to breathe. Rather live in Buffalo than NYC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Can't deal with a city where you gotta fight through sidewalks like a freaking traffic jam. Only time I was there was the week before the SB so maybe it's not always that bad. Prefer to have some space to breathe. Rather live in Buffalo than NYC.

For sure.  You actually can get ahead in Buffalo.  You’re just spinning your wheels in NYC unless you are super rich.

that said, I’ve had some of the best weekends of my life there.  McFaddens is Bills paradise.

• Like (+1) 1