Patriots vs. AFC East

4_kidd_4

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Well that settles it, he can barely beat the Cardinals or the Giants, so someone get on the horn to the commish's offices and make the 2020 schedule feature the first ever home and home outside the division for him against Rosen and Eli! Problem solved :P

NHK, if I am reading that chart correctly, and I believe I am, organizationally we have work to do primarily in the category of "Games Vs Brady".

Given his future playing plans .500 is achievable, but no doubt, we have to get moving. 

EDIT:  If we played him three times a year, including playoffs, and won every game we would achieve a winning record against him by the end of the 2027 season.

...so suck on that, Tom.

EDIT 2:  "30-29 or Die!"  is now a thing.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

NHK, if I am reading that chart correctly, and I believe I am, organizationally we have work to do primarily in the category of "Games Vs Brady".

Given his future playing plans .500 is achievable, but no doubt, we have to get moving. 

EDIT:  If we played him three times a year, including playoffs, and won every game we would achieve a winning record against him by the end of the 2027 season.

...so suck on that, Tom.

those 3 wins off Brady won't stand up to much scrutiny

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...so suck on that, Tom.

Donuts, I will spring for a baker’s dozen if we are talking about a winning record against TB12 entering 2028 camp...hey, those years will pass by either way quickly, so let’s hit on the draft, FA, and Allen’s development of a cybertronic elbow, shall we?

In all seriousness, why not us? What would make the Jets or Phins such better options to take the division away from NE once and for all?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I heard Brady Quinn discussing this on the NFL Channel yesterday. In a nutshell, his theory is that every HC that comes into the AFC East is tasked with dethroning the Patriots, when they cant, they get fired and the coaching carousel and QB carousel continues. Meanwhile the Patriots are stable and steady and only get better with consistency at HC, QB, GM, etc.

It sounds like the right logic to me.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I made this point in another thread.  They pretty much have 6 fairly guaranteed wins/year before the season starts.  The graphic above (great graphic) is Belichick vs. the NFL.  Here is Brady vs. the NFL:

Screen-Shot-2018-11-06-at-7.35.30-AM.png

29-3 vs. BUF

26-8 vs. NYJ

22-10 vs. MIA

That's a 79% winning percentage.

I believe Brady is the GOAT.  But he was blessed with a great owner, head coach and with being in an absolutely pathetic division.

Brady's record is great outside the division too. The division has nothing to do with it.

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I made this point in another thread.  They pretty much have 6 fairly guaranteed wins/year before the season starts.  The graphic above (great graphic) is Belichick vs. the NFL.  Here is Brady vs. the NFL:

Screen-Shot-2018-11-06-at-7.35.30-AM.png

29-3 vs. BUF

26-8 vs. NYJ

22-10 vs. MIA

That's a 79% winning percentage.

I believe Brady is the GOAT.  But he was blessed with a great owner, head coach and with being in an absolutely pathetic division.

29 and 3 pretty much sums it up 

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Brady's record is great outside the division too. The division has nothing to do with it.

The division has a lot to do with them going to the playoffs every year.  Almost everything.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The division has a lot to do with them going to the playoffs every year.  Almost everything.

Almost nothing, actually. Put then in any division and they'd do the exact same thing.

Just now, MJS said:

Almost nothing, actually. Put then in any division and they'd do the exact same thing.

You're being silly.  They wouldn't be spotted six divisional wins in any other division.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

You're being silly.  They wouldn't be spotted six divisional wins in any other division.

They aren't spotted 6 divisional wins in the AFC East. The Dolphins often beat them once. At least one of their very few losses each year comes to an divisional opponent.

Show me any shred of evidence that they would have had trouble in ANY other AFC division. Even if you put them with the Broncos or the Steelers, at worst they split with them every year and then beat up on the other three teams in the division.

I could see your point if there was a bunch of teams outside the division with a respectable record against the Pats, but there aren't. The pats beat everyone regardless of the division, QB, etc. They lose a few random games each year (usually one or two within the division) and that's all.

How to beat the Patriots? Get your whole organization, ownership, front office, head coach & assistant coaches, franchise qb and players up to par with them.

Where has Buffalo been in those departments since 2000? Especially from ownership to qb, if any one of those areas are dysfunctional/unstable, the results

will always be the same, 29-3.

36 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

How to beat the Patriots? Get your whole organization, ownership, front office, head coach & assistant coaches, franchise qb and players up to par with them.

Where has Buffalo been in those departments since 2000? Especially from ownership to qb, if any one of those areas are dysfunctional/unstable, the results

will always be the same, 29-3.

just hope the bully kicking sand in your face every day gets tired of it or retires or dies

it has to happen by 2025, right?

On 1/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, row_33 said:

it was complicated....

Griese led the team to an undefeated share of the title in 1997

then Tom was a decent dropback NFL-style QB who had waited two years in apprenticeship

his two years as starter were whipsawed by the demand that local hero Drew Henson get to play whenever Tom had a bad series

the stats and snaps tallied do not remotely represent the hassle put on Tom and the amount of time Drew was actually sent in to play.

I liked his play at Michigan. He just did not impress at all at the combine. He looked like a high school senior. Scrawny,not a cannon for an arm, very slow. did not look like an athlete who could hold up to the rigors of the NFL. Their is a reason he lasted til the 6th round. Pats took a chance that would have gone unnoticed  if Tom didn't pan out, or was just a backup.

12 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I liked his play at Michigan. He just did not impress at all at the combine. He looked like a high school senior. Scrawny,not a cannon for an arm, very slow. did not look like an athlete who could hold up to the rigors of the NFL. Their is a reason he lasted til the 6th round. Pats took a chance that would have gone unnoticed  if Tom didn't pan out, or was just a backup.

I was fine with him, and despised the Henson nonsense the whole time.

Never guessed he would have had this kind of NFL career, or that I would never cheer for him as a Pat.

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I was fine with him, and despised the Henson nonsense the whole time.

Never guessed he would have had this kind of NFL career, or that I would never cheer for him as a Pat.

Same here with the Henson scenario. For the Pats, this is one of those "better to be lucky..." things.

On 1/29/2019 at 3:10 PM, Success said:

It’s a bummer, but our friendly Pats guest is actually right this time - QB is Pennington.

I really liked Chad - huge heart - but c’mon.

I think Allen and Darnold will be miles better.  Things are finally turning - here’s hoping the Pats search for decades after Brady, like we had to.

Chad Pennington was a shoulder surgery away from being a great QB.