David Culley (former Bills QB coach) gone- to Ravens

One Buffalo

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

Notice how they show a picture of Culley during his tenure with the Chiefs (offensive powerhouse) instead of a picture with the Bills (offensive work-in-progress).  

Yeah I noticed that too... the optics of putting him up there as a Bills coach must not have been the look they were after!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I thought it was written that they could not block a promotion.

Also, while there may not be a rule preventing them from asking, a lateral move could be blocked,  hence the new title

hes not an assistant HC here, he will be there, hence a promotion, just like a position coach to coordinator is a promotion. Do you have a link to the rules by any chance?

Does not matter. All that jazz was changed

I remember reading when the Bills hired him that his goal is to be a HC and he’s trying to get experience coaching different areas of the offense.  He has used his connections to that. He coached with McDermott and Harbaugh in Philly. Good for him, it is a promotion in terms of responsibility  (even though all assistants are lateral moves technically) and he will likely be missed on the offensive staff. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Couldnt the Jets do the same as they are starting over? Itd be cool, but its not like this is the 1st time one of his students has a qb coach spot open and as he is already working w a new crop this year its gotta be he digs the teaching aspect. I have no insight, but id venture to guess he does well monetarily and would prefer to be a young qb guru than linked to 1 guy and team. 

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Should have kept reading the thread, I acknowledged my being wrong

Shouldnt have been wrong, i wouldnt have had to keep reading the thread!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Couldnt the Jets do the same as they are starting over? Itd be cool, but its not like this is the 1st time one of his students has a qb coach spot open and as he is already working w a new crop this year its gotta be he digs the teaching aspect. I have no insight, but id venture to guess he does well monetarily and would prefer to be a young qb guru than linked to 1 guy and team. 

Shouldnt have been wrong, i wouldnt have had to keep reading the thread!

Ha! well played sir

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree.  I expect he has some folks in mind. 

I hope so.  It’s so important for Allen.  Admittedly, I’m hesitate on Allen because of the way this franchise has handled young QBs in the past.  They gave EJ the Cuse first time OC as both his OC and QB coach his rookie year.  

Allen needs good coaching around him.  I think they screwed up last year when they kept only Peterman.  I’m also not sold on Daboll and think we could easily upgrade that.  But the QB coach should be a huge priority for such a raw guy.

• Sad 1