Colts re-sign potential Bills FA target OG Mark Glowinski

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Go after Trent Brown.. Move Dawkins to LG.  Upgrade two positions with one signing. 

It makes a ton of sense to target Brown. He's got the kind of power/athleticism we're looking for and it's easier to poach players from NE because you're gonna be able to outbid them.

It didn't work out well for the NYG, but that has little bearing on Brown's prognosis.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

As I said recently and as I said during the season...even simply above average OL talent is not going to hit the market.  It is too valuable of a position.

Teams will let their WRs and RBs walk before they'd let their O lineman hit the open market.

Yuup, the idea that the Bills are going to rebuild their o-line by Free Agents is foolishness. Build it through developing your young guys (Ike B, Conner McD, Teller, etc.) and drafting good people. I know its boring, but I would not be upset if the first two picks were spent on o-lineman. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Saffold could certainly re-sign.  The guard that's almost certain to hit the market is Foster, and I think he'd be a great target for lesser money.

The position I think will be the toughest to fill is center; have to figure Paradis re-signs in Denver, which means it's basically down to Morse as the only established starter on the market.  I almost wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to take a shot at a RFA like Boehm or Finney, knowing that Bodine would be the team's worst-case scenario as a starter.

Overpay.  Do it.  In 2 years, it won't look like overpaying...plus, this team has very few (if any) players that will need big-money deals in the next 2 offseasons.

I think Saffold definitely resigns. He's even said he'd give a hometown discount to stay. He's played on awful Rams teams and spent his whole career there. He's made some money as well. I don't think he leaves now that they are actually good.

In terms of centers, there are two teams in dire need of a center who have a ton of cap space, and that's us and the Jets. Now that Munchak is the line coach in Denver, I don't think Paradis goes back. Munchak is an old school power line guy and Paradis is an undersized zone center. I think Adam Gase will be all over Paradis. In fact, he replaced Pouncey with Daniel Kilgore, and undersized zone center. That said, I think we wind up with Morse. There is a strong KC connection with McDermott. I don't think KC can afford to sign him back as they have Tyreek Hill coming up and Dee Ford as a free agent. I believe KC has been preparing for this loss by giving contract extensions to Austin Reiter and Cam Erving. I think Morse and Daryl Williams will be our #1 targets in free agency. Now Morse is from Texas...maybe he decides he wants to go to Houston (they also need a center) but they can't compete cap wise. 

I agree with you though. Overpay for Morse and Williams and your line is effectivetly fixed. With upgrades like that you can stick with Teller and Boettger at guard as the veterans around them will make them so much better. 

• Like (+1) 2

Oh, that's a shame. He'd have been a good pickup.

7 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

Good almost never does a guard change teams and get better on the new team.

I mean big time FA guards.

Disagree. Plenty stay as good and a reasonable amount get better. Incognito. Hutchinson's the classic example. Zimmerman was a historically great pickup for the Warner-era Rams. Andruzzi was successful with the Pats. 

They're around.

And you don't need a guard to change a team. You need him to successfully fill a hole and to play well. Those guys are out there.

Very few players at any position change a team but you don't stay away from FA because of that.

Edited by Thurman#1