Colts re-sign potential Bills FA target OG Mark Glowinski

YoloinOhio

I may be in the minority but I say move Teller to RG and Dion Dawkins to LG (as more mobile than Teller).  Sign a FA Right Tackle (less expensive than LT) and draft a Left Tackle.  As for C, can see them signing one and failing that, drafting one.

Glowinski is strictly a RG so contract term and total $$ are less.  For Bills, I feel Teller is better option.

Edited by freddyjj

Man, I know nothing about o linemen. I never heard of him.  We need to build an oline but I’ll be honest. O line talk is so boring. But thank you to the posters who know what they are talking about.

my amateur opinion is get o linemen who are smart, tough, and mobile.  No slow, soft, dummies need apply.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No Nelsons in this draft but plenty of solid Olinemen.

Agree. I kind of feel that way in both offensive spots we have major needs - OL and WR - not much top end potentially elite type talent but lots and lots of mid-late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round guys who I can see "starting off the bus" and turning into pretty good players.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. I kind of feel that way in both offensive spots we have major needs - OL and WR - not much top end potentially elite type talent but lots and lots of mid-late 1st, 2nd and 3rd round guys who I can see "starting off the bus" and turning into pretty good players.

Definitely , AB was a late round pick, hopefully we get one without the headaches.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Definitely , AB was a late round pick, hopefully we get one without the headaches.

Oh if we could find an AB in the 6th and get the production he has given Pittsburgh I wouldn't care if he gave me a constant migraine. He has been the best player in football over the past 5 years.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

how about Isabella?

Late round slot and gadget type. Haven't seen much of him I mist be honest but I'd be stunned if he turned into Antonio Brown. That said I'd probably have been stunned if you told me Antonio Brown would turn into Antonio Brown...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Late round slot and gadget type. Haven't seen much of him I mist be honest but I'd be stunned if he turned into Antonio Brown. That said I'd probably have been stunned if you told me Antonio Brown would turn into Antonio Brown...

True. That Doss kid looks good.

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The position I think will be the toughest to fill is center; have to figure Paradis re-signs in Denver, which means it's basically down to Morse as the only established starter on the market.  I almost wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to take a shot at a RFA like Boehm or Finney, knowing that Bodine would be the team's worst-case scenario as a starter.

For sure - Center is a tough specific position to fill this year and I've been denying the looming potential that Bodine will end up as our starter next year. Now where I think we could make an impact there is via the draft with either Risner or Bradbury - certainly much higher on the former, and why I would hope for a trade back scenario to present itself and land Risner later in the first. Depending on how we fair in FA, Risner could plug in most anywhere on the line, but would highlight him for Center first - versatile, physical, aggressive, and smart guy who seemingly is interested in the culture being built here. I liked his tangibles and demonstrated ability in the senior bowl and practices therein, but also no guarantee that either the value or the player himself are there for us when we pick.

If we do miss out on Paradis and Morse - why not throw some money offers at Kalil and see what happens. It's likely we overpay to get either Paradis or Morse here anyway, but if Kalil could be enticed for just a bit more, I could see potential for at least attempting it. Otherwise we'll need to be digging for a guy which may result in money being better spent elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

As I said recently and as I said during the season...even simply above average OL talent is not going to hit the market.  It is too valuable of a position.

Teams will let their WRs and RBs walk before they'd let their O lineman hit the open market.

I think Foster, Morse and Spain will hit the market. Paradis possibly not but if he doesn't Billy Turner will who has some T/G flex and would still be a significant upgrade on what we have - particularly at G. Ju'wuan James is going to hit the market at RT that is considered pretty much a given and he would be a big upgrade at RT.

The teams who will re-sign their OL FAs are the guys who don't already have big money tied up there. You can't pay all 5. So if you have say 3 guys on that line already paid (Pittsburgh position on Foster) or about to come up for renewal (the Titans position on Spain with their centre and right tackle both due to be paid next year) then sometimes you have no choice but to let a good player walk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Foster, Morse and Spain will hit the market. Paradis possibly not but if he doesn't Billy Turner will who has some T/G flex and would still be a significant upgrade on what we have - particularly at G. Ju'wuan James is going to hit the market at RT that is considered pretty much a given and he would be a big upgrade at RT.

The teams who will re-sign their OL FAs are the guys who don't already have big money tied up there. You can't pay all 5. So if you have say 3 guys on that line already paid (Pittsburgh position on Foster) or about to come up for renewal (the Titans position on Spain with their centre and right tackle both due to be paid next year) then sometimes you have no choice but to let a good player walk.

...and ya know Gunner, it's kind of like the old adage...we don't need all of the OL in FA, we just really need two.

Get two guys and draft two guys who can come in right away, to go along with the 1-2 solid options you currently have iand it shapes things up nicely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

...and ya know Gunner, it's kind of like the old adage...we don't need all of the OL in FA, we just really need two.

Get two guys and draft two guys who can come in right away, to go along with the 1-2 solid options you currently have iand it shapes things up nicely.

Go after Trent Brown.. Move Dawkins to LG.  Upgrade two positions with one signing. 

• Like (+1) 3