Colts re-sign potential Bills FA target OG Mark Glowinski

YoloinOhio

With the Colts having the most free cap space in the league, I wasn't expecting Glowinski to hit the market anyway.

However, the OT and OG markets have been set with the recent deals of Massie and Glowinski. Given that FAs tend to get more than they're worth, we can expect an OT to fetch between 10 and 13 million per year. An OG should fetch between 6 and 10 million per year.

I think if the Bills can find a way to sign a C and OT in Free Agency, a quality guard can be found in the 2nd-4th rounds of the draft.

• Like (+1) 4

I liked Glowinski, but it's all good. I think Quinton Spain, AJ Cann, even and older guy like Matt Slauson would be huge upgrades.

Center and right tackle upgrades would go a long way towards improving the guards. If we somehow signed Mitch Morse and Darryl Williams, I really wouldn't mind rolling with Wyatt Teller and Ike Boettger.  

If you plan on drafting a rookie RT, probably need a veteran RG to put him next to. A rookie center should be surrounded by more veteran players. 

Lot's of ways to upgrade the offensive line. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I'm relieved to see that he didn't get serious money; that makes me think that the OG market won't be utterly absurd money-wise...and I'd be happier with any of Saffold, Spain, or Foster than I'd have been with Glowinski.

Realistically I'm not sure Saffold doesn't follow suit and re-sign with LA - Spain or Foster may become available, but look for more teams to try and re-sign these guys. Beauty of FA - expectations and reality...but agreed, I was initially up on Glowinski, but can see how he might standout more in a bad way in our OL versus the Colts.

Mark Glowinski, free agent guard for Indianapolis, who has been mentioned as a possible pickup for the Bills, is no longer a free agent.  As per One Bills Live, he has signed a three year extension with Indianapolis.  No link.  Oops - missed Yolo's thread on the same subgect.  Mods - please delete or merge.

Edited by TigerJ

1 hour ago, Logic said:

With the Colts having the most free cap space in the league, I wasn't expecting Glowinski to hit the market anyway.

However, the OT and OG markets have been set with the recent deals of Massie and Glowinski. Given that FAs tend to get more than they're worth, we can expect an OT to fetch between 10 and 13 million per year. An OG should fetch between 6 and 10 million per year.

I think if the Bills can find a way to sign a C and OT in Free Agency, a quality guard can be found in the 2nd-4th rounds of the draft.

Great points on the cost of OL positions.

The Bills ended the season with the 5 starters on the OL making a combined 8.2 million.

Glowinski (a tick above an average guard at best) is getting 6 million a year by himself.

I just say this in anticipation of Beane signing a couple of FA OL players and a whole bunch of posters saying he overpaid.

On the other hand, Beane can't get all his OL players in FA, he has to combine vets and rookie contract guys to do it right.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Great points on the cost of OL positions.

The Bills ended the season with the 5 starters on the OL making a combined 8.2 million.

Glowinski (a tick above an average guard at best) is getting 6 million a year by himself.

I just say this in anticipation of Beane signing a couple of FA OL players and a whole bunch of posters saying he overpaid.

On the other hand, Beane can't get all his OL players in FA, he has to combine vets and rookie contract guys to do it right.

Every year, without fail: If we DON'T sign quality players, people complain that the GM is sitting on his hands and doing nothing. If we DO sign quality players but overpay a bit to do it (because, ya know...that's how free agency works, especially when you're trying to lure players to a bad weather city that hasn't won in 20 years), people cry "WE OVERPAID!". Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Realistically I'm not sure Saffold doesn't follow suit and re-sign with LA - Spain or Foster may become available, but look for more teams to try and re-sign these guys. Beauty of FA - expectations and reality...but agreed, I was initially up on Glowinski, but can see how he might standout more in a bad way in our OL versus the Colts.

Saffold could certainly re-sign.  The guard that's almost certain to hit the market is Foster, and I think he'd be a great target for lesser money.

The position I think will be the toughest to fill is center; have to figure Paradis re-signs in Denver, which means it's basically down to Morse as the only established starter on the market.  I almost wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to take a shot at a RFA like Boehm or Finney, knowing that Bodine would be the team's worst-case scenario as a starter.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Every year, without fail: If we DON'T sign quality players, people complain that the GM is sitting on his hands and doing nothing. If we DO sign quality players but overpay a bit to do it (because, ya know...that's how free agency works, especially when you're trying to lure players to a bad weather city that hasn't won in 20 years), people cry "WE OVERPAID!". Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Overpay.  Do it.  In 2 years, it won't look like overpaying...plus, this team has very few (if any) players that will need big-money deals in the next 2 offseasons.

• Like (+1) 3