Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Tipster19

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Are we though? I think the interest in McCoy is partially based on lack of full faith in Star, Phillips and Phillips. Star is steady, but.....I won't go there. Harrison Phillips was solid against the run, but didn't show a ton of pop. Jordan Phillips made a few great plays, but wasn't a true difference maker. I have full faith in Oliver and you know what you're gonna get with Star. I'm not so sure about the others. The DT group is solid, but you can never have enough of them; especially guys that get to the QB.

Even if you feel Star and the Phillipses are underwhelming, McCoy is not a right fit alongside Oliver. They are both 3-techs in a 4-3. It will be like the Jets with Leonard WIlliams and Quinnen WiIlliams. McCoy is THE prototypical 3-tech.

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Even if you feel Star and the Phillipses are underwhelming, McCoy is not a right fit alongside Oliver. They are both 3-techs in a 4-3. It will be like the Jets with Leonard WIlliams and Quinnen WiIlliams. McCoy is THE prototypical 3-tech.

You make a good point, but there ARE plenty of opportunities throughout the course of a game for 2 interior pass rushers. If the price is right, I'd consider it. And I'm not down on Phillipsx2 per se. Just not entirely sold. It would be a luxury addition to be sure, so the price would have to be right. I'm a big pass rush guy so I'm always intrigued by available talent with a proven track record of making QB's uncomfortable.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, hemma said:

3rd & 5+

Lorenzo ...Oliver ... McCoy ...Hughes

Milano .... edmunds .... Joseph 

get after them.  Get some turnovers.

Love it, but I don't think they'd have 3 LBs on the field in that situation.  Joseph would make way for an extra DB.

Edited by Buffalo86

3 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I would think that, at this point in his career, he wants a ring.  To get that, he'll probably sign with New England, for the vet minimum.

LOL at this point in his career.  

Cole Beasley is one year younger and signed with Buffalo and not New England.  I guess he doesn’t want a ring?

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL at this point in his career.  

Cole Beasley is one year younger and signed with Buffalo and not New England.  I guess he doesn’t want a ring?

He wants a rap career I heard

and chicken wings