Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Tipster19

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They couldn’t have done this earlier in the year?

No class by Bucs.  They screwed him over by releasing after the draft.  

41 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I would think that, at this point in his career, he wants a ring.  To get that, he'll probably sign with New England, for the vet minimum.

If this happened as much as written, NE would have a thousand players under contract.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He definitely fits the type of character/personality the Bills look for. Great teammate, great in the community, very passionate about football, always has an upbeat attitude. 

IMO He would definitely fit the new culture here perfectly. But I am not sure if the Bills will have interest now. If this happened before the draft I think they’d probably have jumped quicker than now. But I hope they do at least bring him in for a visit (if he’s interested). He’s not what he used to be on the field, but he’s still one of my favorite personalities in football. 

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

We are stocked at DT - dont need McCoy after drafting Oliver. McCoy release is actually good news for us since it will depress the compensation Jets can get for Leonard Williams:)

Are we though? I think the interest in McCoy is partially based on lack of full faith in Star, Phillips and Phillips. Star is steady, but.....I won't go there. Harrison Phillips was solid against the run, but didn't show a ton of pop. Jordan Phillips made a few great plays, but wasn't a true difference maker. I have full faith in Oliver and you know what you're gonna get with Star. I'm not so sure about the others. The DT group is solid, but you can never have enough of them; especially guys that get to the QB.

• Like (+1) 3