Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Tipster19

On 1/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

He is the prototypical 4-3 DT and will be a good fit for the Bills.

TB cant wait to get rid of him since he is a misfit in a 3-4 alongside Vita Vea. 

So I would like TB to sweeten the pot by offering us a 3rd rounder for us to take him on and relieve them of 13 million cap drain. They are severely cap constrained. Will be like the Osweiler trade to the Browns.

No, you dont give up a 3rd when a team is on the ropes- we have the leverage

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

It’s getting interesting. I would love to add McCoy, a signing like this would really make the upcoming draft even more fluid for us. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/01/gerald-mccoy-not-at-voluntary-bucs-workouts/

Yeah he needs to put pressure on the team to make their move asap..........because if he is cut he could be looking at a pay cut..........and the later it goes into the offseason the larger that pay cut is likely to be.

18 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Good point. I don't see him worth the $$ he will command at this point of his career. Maybe a slight improvement at DT than what the Bills have, but I'd rather draft a DT in a deep DT draft and spend elsewhere.

We differ in opinion.

My argument isn't about McCoy himself.

YE OLE would like to see us land this McCoy fellow. He just turned 31, but he seems to still be able to generate pressure from this so called “3 technique” everyone is talking about. If we could send a later rd pick and maneuver around to get one of these top EDGE rushers (Josh Allen?) in the draft, we might have a real dominant situation going down on the DLine.

Now YE OLE understands that we want offense and so forth... but it might be worth a kick at the old can to try to go from a top 5 type defense to a generational type unit.

• Like (+1) 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1113397869086674944?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1113397869086674944&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pewterreport.com%2Freport-bucs-shopping-m

more smoke on the McCoy fire, he is going to leave TB, just a matter of who

the bills have a need at 3T and can afford this salary, given they can then dump him if need be without hit. The cost is a 6th/7th which is a non-factor. Guy would be a plus addition to the locker room and every day he doesn’t come to buffalo confirms their interest in Oliver instead, as only so many spots (star, Harrison, Jordan and hmmmmm)

This is the story of Gerald McCoy and the strange thing that happened to that little boy.

They say it all started when Gerald was two, that’s the age boys start talking, least, most of them do.

But when he started talking, you know what he said? He didn’t speak words he went “boing boing” instead.

I can’t help it, every time I hear McCoy’s name this is what I think of. I don’t want him on the Bills for the sole reason of I don’t want Dr. Suess going through my head on a daily basis.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

This is year 3 for McD

That has been some benchmark for eons. unfair i think.
Mr and Mrs Pegula might well believe that as long as progress is being made ?
 If Bills flop the season with what they have in talent. we should begin warming our pitchforks.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

If we sign McCoy, would that mean Jordan Phillips is gone? Hard to see us keeping 3 3-techs

Harrison ?

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....have confidence in the youngsters.......they'll show up.....

He's on a 1- year contract. We could probably get a couple years out of McCoy and not have to worry about him developing into a good player, he already is one.  

• Like (+1) 1