Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Tipster19

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Salty Anger sounds like an teenage emo band name.

Not really, no.

We know you love Teef dude.

I'm sure Howie Mandell loved George Carlin too...........but c'mon man.............you get nothing to hit after Teef's been up...........you are batting below the Mendoza-line on those.

Stick with them free-range gifs.    That's your rubber glove.✌️

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

Are you serious with this garbage? Beane overpaid for McCarron? REALLY?! And Bodine, too? Absolute nonsense. Furthermore, he later TRADED McCarron and Newhouse to other teams for draft picks. What a waste their signings were ?

As for sending the Browns a 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR when the Bills were desperate for WR help and speed on the outside...are you REALLY gonna fault him for taking that swing?

Seriously, you're trying too hard with the Beane hate. 

And then you have the nerve to end with the two sentences you ended with? If you're gonna be a big richard, take your own advice and "try to get some facts right at least".

Beane himself was highly disappointed with the McCarron signing........."he wasn't who we thought he was"..........so yes........$5M for a guy who so underperformed that Nate Peterman ends up beating him out is ABSOLUTELY an overpay.

And btw it's not Beane hate..........it's the McBeane reality..........they didn't get good value in free agency last year...........it's hard to deny that but then we have people like @ProcessAccepted claiming that Beane has an ever growing track record of only getting bargains and you come barking behind him with more nonsense.

As I always say..........get the guys at high $ positions in the early rounds of the draft..........don't draft your run stuffers or RB's or safeties or guards/centers early........you can always overpay for them in FA and come out fine so long as you have your expensive positions covered with home grown talent.

So I'm not even necessarily EXPECTING Beane to get great value in FA..........he's probably going to have to continue to over pay...........but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I actually see that as a positive considering I'm not writing the checks. It's basically a 5th round pick for nothing(other than Terry's money).

I like picking up 5th rounders but I also can't unsee the first two months of last season where McCarron was supposed to be the QB and instead the Bills were slaughtered repeatedly and the competitive portion of their season ended.

But the discussion you are joining wasn't about trade value.

@ProcessAccepted's narrative was that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay............which, as any reasonable Bills fan knows by now,  is FAR from correct.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like picking up 5th rounders but I also can't unsee the first two months of last season where McCarron was supposed to be the QB and instead the Bills were slaughtered repeatedly and the competitive portion of their season ended.

But the discussion you are joining wasn't about trade value.

@ProcessAccepted's narrative was that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay............which, as any reasonable Bills fan knows by now,  is FAR from correct.

Admittedly skimmed through the thread and was just looking at that particular transaction in isolation. Their handling of the QB position was beyond awful.

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ask Terry how he feels about that. The draft is a gamble. Imagine gambling your boss's $$$$ to the tune of $5M for a yet unknown prospect.....

I get it, but like I said, it's not my money. 4 mil isn't gonna affect Terry's lifestyle. Strictly from a Bills standpoint, they got a pick for nothing but cash. Little to no impact on the cap. The guy writing the checks? Yeah, it probably stings.

Will never defend the way they handled the QB situation in 2018. Atrocious.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

Yeah this is why people don't take you seriously. How far do you have to stretch to criticize Poyer's contract?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So I'm not even necessarily EXPECTING Beane to get great value in FA..........he's probably going to have to continue to over pay...........but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

That's funny. I could've sworn the Bills had the number one passing defense and number two overall defense in the entire league. Not "money well spent"? I completely disagree.

As to McCarron being a waste of money: He netted a 5th round pick. Previous mid-late round draft picks by Beane have included bright young stars Matt Milano and Taron Johnson. So...if the 5th round pick we got for McCarron ends up turning into a quality player in the draft, I expect you to own up to that fact and admit that it wound up being a net gain for the BIlls. Oh wait, no I don't.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah this is why people don't take you seriously. How far do you have to stretch to criticize Poyer's contract?

It was an exaggeration, but people make a lot of excuses for Star based on what they're told by the Bills and a few nice comments by teammates. Lorax is a process guy so of course he's gonna give a shoutout to the Bills prized 2018 FA. Star has regressed quite a bit from his early days and that's reflected in his poor PFF grade. He didn't make a ton of plays early in his career, but he was graded much higher because he was more effective. It wasn't a very good signing.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What in the ***** are you talking about??

Am I somehow stretching in saying that Lotulelei was overpaid for his work in 2018? :flirt:   Isn't he still generally considered to have been one of the most overpaid FA's?

Poyer was a great value find...........but that's irrelevant........that signing was long before Beane.

My point in mentioning Poyer was that he was having to make far too many tackles in the run game.    Some of that was on the LB's but Star was absolutely no "star".

You are obviously late to the discussion but the topic here is the assertion by @ProcessAccepted that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay..........which again.........is so clearly not true.     Do you disagree?   If show site all of the examples otherwise.

The vast majority of his FA acquisitions last offseason were poor values.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

It was an exaggeration, but people make a lot of excuses for Star based on what they're told by the Bills and a few nice comments by teammates. Lorax is a process guy so of course he's gonna give a shoutout to the Bills prized 2018 FA. Star has regressed quite a bit from his early days and that's reflected in his poor PFF grade. He didn't make a ton of plays early in his career, but he was graded much higher because he was more effective. It wasn't a very good signing.

None of this has anything to do with him criticizing Poyer's contract. That's just nonsense. I get that there are Bills homers, but some posters do the opposite thing where they criticize every move we make past the point of reason.

And I don't care about PFF grades. I'm biased because I wanted Star well before we signed him, but he's doing exactly what we brought him here to do. Our run defense went from worst in the league to slightly above average and he was the only change we made on the defensive line to make that happen. Yeah we overpaid him somewhat. That's what free agency is. Pretty much everyone gets overpaid when they switch teams. You have to pick your shots, and I'll take a big jump for the run defense for a couple extra million per year. On the whole they have managed the cap space very well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm far from criticizing Poyer.........he was probably the Bills best defender in 2018.

It was not a good group of free agents..........you can throw Ivory in there as well.

I don't think they will cut Star THIS offseason(next for sure) but I wouldn't be surprised if he is the only one of that entire Beane 2018 class of previous NFL starter-type UFA's that they signed(Star,Murphy, Vontae, Bodine, McCarron, Newhouse, Ivory) who is even still with the team in 2019.........that's about as bad of a free agent haul as you can have.

Maybe the worst FA class of any real size that the Bills have had since that dreadful attempt by Dick Jauron and Marv Levy to replicate the Patriot way where they signed 15 guys and the top producer of the bunch turned out to be Robert Royal.?

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

None of this has anything to do with him criticizing Poyer's contract. That's just nonsense. 

You can't read.

What you are saying is a total fabrication.

Utter stupidity on your part.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm far from criticizing Poyer.........he was probably the Bills best defender in 2018.

It was not a good group of free agents..........you can throw Ivory in there as well.

I don't think they will cut Star THIS offseason(next for sure) but I wouldn't be surprised if he is the only one of that entire Beane 2018 class of previous NFL starter-type UFA's that they signed(Star,Murphy, Vontae, Bodine, McCarron, Newhouse, Ivory) who is even still with the team in 2019.........that's about as bad of a free agent haul as you can have.

Maybe the worst FA class of any real size that the Bills have had since that dreadful attempt by Dick Jauron and Marv Levy to replicate the Patriot way where they signed 15 guys and the top producer of the bunch turned out to be Robert Royal.?

Oh I know. I kind of respect some of the mental gymnastics people engage in to defend Star, but it's way off base IMO. The run defense was AWFUL for a 3 game stretch after Dareus was cut, so the improvement isn't nearly as impressive as it's made out to be. I've said my piece on Star. I think it was an awful signing. Poyer was an EXCELLENT signing by the last dude or perhaps McDermott. Not quite sure who was responsible, but it was great.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I like Teller, but he struggled terribly in some games. 

No idea what he is yet.

He started out well......his first game he was a noticeable upgrade.......but then he struggled to the finish.........particularly trying to move people in the run game.

Ike Boettger is raw but seems to have more potential as a people mover.

I'd be cool with those two competing for one of the guard spots.

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My point in mentioning Poyer was that he was having to make far too many tackles in the run game.    Some of that was on the LB's but Star was absolutely no "star".

So you weren't criticizing Poyer, you were making a convoluted point about Star when you said Poyer struggled to tackle RBs? Alright, my bad I guess.

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh I know. I kind of respect some of the mental gymnastics people engage in to defend Star, but it's way off base IMO. The run defense was AWFUL for a 3 game stretch after Dareus was cut, so the improvement isn't nearly as impressive as it's made out to be. I've said my piece on Star. I think it was an awful signing. Poyer was an EXCELLENT signing by the last dude or perhaps McDermott. Not quite sure who was responsible, but it was great.

The Poyer signing was at the recommendation of Bob Babich Jr(props to @Rico)..........not his dad Bob Babich Sr.(as incorrectly posited by yoloinohio:flirt:).  

A lot of McDermott's moves as the de facto GM in 2017 were based on advice from people he knew or recently hired(like Phil McGeoghan recommending his former pupil Zay Jones)............not so much the opinions of the Bills scouting staff who for some reason he and The Pegs clutched too rather than just hiring Beane to be the GM for the entire offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He started out well......his first game he was a noticeable upgrade.......but then he struggled to the finish.........particularly trying to move people in the run game.

Ike Boettger is raw but seems to have more potential as a people mover.

I'd be cool with those two competing for one of the guard spots.

you a fan of bringing Dawkins inside? I see folks point.

But i would rather leave him at tackle. add a FA guard and center if viable. Draft Guard and Tackles both if BPa allows