Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Tipster19

1 hour ago, YodaMan79 said:

I laugh when I see posts about stealing other players for little to nothing, and they think it's possible.  I bet these are the same people that thought getting a 2 or 3 for McCoy was possible, and thought 5-6 round pick was ridiculous.  

If available, I'd make a full push for this guy.  They need to start spending money.  Might as well get a proven commodity that fits the scheme. 

Beane has an expanding track record of getting guys who really perform for less than top money. He's not going to go out there and get a guy at any cost. We're finally over those types of contracts and there is no way he's going to put us back there.

McCoy currently has three more years left on his current contract with no dead cap.  Basically $13 mil per year for 3 years.  Bills could drop him at any time and be off the hook.  Having no dead cap is a great incentive to sign a DT like McCoy.  I originally said offer a 7th, but maybe 2 #7s or some combination of the  10 picks they have this year.  Getting McCoy would fill a hole with a strength.

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Beane has an expanding track record of getting guys who really perform for less than top money. He's not going to go out there and get a guy at any cost. We're finally over those types of contracts and there is no way he's going to put us back there.

Oh really?

Star?

Vontae?

Trent Murphy?

Beane did quite a bit of overpaying in FA last year to get "their" guys.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

He is the prototypical 4-3 DT and will be a good fit for the Bills.

TB cant wait to get rid of him since he is a misfit in a 3-4 alongside Vita Vea. 

So I would like TB to sweeten the pot by offering us a 3rd rounder for us to take him on and relieve them of 13 million cap drain. They are severely cap constrained. Will be like the Osweiler trade to the Browns.

He hasn’t slowed down and I watch every game, he just has a bad supporting cast as well as our last DC made things too complicated.  I can see them wanting to unload him given the change, but they will never give away a 3rd as they are rebuilding.  Maybe a 5th if other teams don’t go for him right away, otherwise we would need to give something away and Beene won’t do something for a 31 yr old, even if he is a stud.

18 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If our GM is planning for 2020 or 2021 then he should be fired today. It doesn't take multiple years to develop a roster to make a playoff run. All you need is a QB. After that you should contend every year or be shown the door. This idea of a 4 or 5 year rebuild has not occurred since the 1980s. Now, you get the QB and then you contend every year. The Bills' prior GMs never found the QB. Was Carolina a 5 year rebuild. No. They got Cam and they were in a Superbowl.  Same with Denver, KC, Seattle, and now LA. 

Beane got his QB and gave up tremendous resources to get him.  He gave away tons of talent to get his cap room. Now it is time to win. 

I fully agree but I will add that now it is time to protect him. The Bills prior GMs also did not devote ample resources to blocking.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

100% agree but I'm not sure Terry does. 

Look at the Sabres. They are in like year 7 of a rebuild. Different sports, but it doesn't take 7 years to rebuild a hockey team either.

scott talk!  is it never too early to do this?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

Teef you are great. You accuse me of being angry but it's so obvious you are the one who is mad.

Sorry my posts get you upset. Just an observation that the Sabres have sucked since Pegula bought the team. 

maybe angry isn't the word.  salty is probably better.  do you have any hair left?

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh really?

Star?

Vontae?

Trent Murphy?

Beane did quite a bit of overpaying in FA last year to get "their" guys.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Which track record is this? 

He oveerpaid for Star.

Glass half empty guys?? I did notice the guys you are referencing are all defensive guys. All I know is when you look at the results of all the defensive moves that have been made in the two years that he has been here we have a top 3 defense after the mess the Ryan brothers left us. Maybe try and look at the positive side of things like a Levi Wallace or a Micah Hyde. 

• Like (+1) 1

I could see Beane being interested in him.

He has been a quality player and Frazier has coached him in TB..

His contract means he can be cut if he is not earning his money but I think he might have a couple of years left..

My prediction is that he would cost a 5th

23 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

I laugh when I see posts about stealing other players for little to nothing, and they think it's possible.  I bet these are the same people that thought getting a 2 or 3 for McCoy was possible, and thought 5-6 round pick was ridiculous.  

If available, I'd make a full push for this guy.  They need to start spending money.  Might as well get a proven commodity that fits the scheme. 

IN WHAT WORLD IS GERALD MCCOY WORTH A 7TH AND NOT A STEAL FOR THAT AND WHAT.. 13M WE PROBABLY WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO SPEND??!

Triggered. HE'S NOT A 7TH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YA'LL'S BRAINS?!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Glass half empty guys?? I did notice the guys you are referencing are all defensive guys. All I know is when you look at the results of all the defensive moves that have been made in the two years that he has been here we have a top 3 defense after the mess the Ryan brothers left us. Maybe try and look at the positive side of things like a Levi Wallace or a Micah Hyde. 

Let me remind you of your quote:

"Beane has an expanding track record of getting guys who really perform for less than top money. He's not going to go out there and get a guy at any cost. We're finally over those types of contracts and there is no way he's going to put us back there."

False.

Beane has a track record(the one offseason) of over-paying in free agency.    Lotulelei, Murphy, Vontae, McCarron, Bodine, Newhouse.   He also traded for a guaranteed contract(Corey Coleman) and then cut the guy 2 weeks later.   

And btw.........Micah Hyde was signed pre-Beane...............and Wallace was an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT........not an unrestricted one.......it's kinda' easy to avoid "those types of contracts" with UDFA.:doh:

Try to get some facts right at least.

Even if not all of them......perhaps just a few so you aren't so ENTIRELY ***** WRONG that I have to correct you?

Can you do that?:thumbsup:?

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beane has a track record(the one offseason) of over-paying in free agency. Lotulelei, Murphy, Vontae, McCarron, Bodine, Newhouse.   He also traded for a guaranteed contract(Corey Coleman) and then cut the guy 2 weeks later.   

Try to get some facts right at least.

Even if not all of them......perhaps just a few so you aren't so ENTIRELY ***** WRONG that I have to correct you?

Are you serious with this garbage? Beane overpaid for McCarron? REALLY?! And Bodine, too? Absolute nonsense. Furthermore, he later TRADED McCarron and Newhouse to other teams for draft picks. What a waste their signings were ?

As for sending the Browns a 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR when the Bills were desperate for WR help and speed on the outside...are you REALLY gonna fault him for taking that swing?

Seriously, you're trying too hard with the Beane hate. 

And then you have the nerve to end with the two sentences you ended with? If you're gonna be a big richard, take your own advice and "try to get some facts right at least".

On 1/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Was Carolina a 5 year rebuild. No. They got Cam and they were in a Superbowl. 

Don’t let facts get in your way. 

Cam Newton was drafted in 2011. The Panthers were in the 2016 SB.

I mean you literally couldn’t have chosen a worse example to prove your point.

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Haha (+1) 1