If we stay at 9, the only player I’d really be happy with is...

NewEra

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Did you miss my first sentence?

And, Donald was chosen where? Your hindsight is blurring your vision.  If everyone knew he was superman like you did wouldn't he have been drafted higher.

Im not blinded by anything...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aaron-donald-1.html

28 TFL

11 sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316422/article/pittsburghs-aaron-donald-looks-dominant-in-senior-bowl-drills

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really? I find it ridiculous that the coach went at him like that. The guy is presumably 22 years old. This is a terrible reason to avoid him IMO.

Not saying Oliver was totally in the right; just seems rather petty.

It’s sad but some fans always blame the player. The coach was trying to rip his jacket off because he wasn’t playing.  He easily could have pulled himself or had anothe coach talk to him.  He was looking to embarrass him on national tv.

given all the things some players do, it seems little a petty think to knock a guy for when I don’t think he has ever had any other issues.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree, and Gary is also small at 280.

My understanding is that Oliver actually played at abouyt 280 and is not as strong as Aaron Donald, the player to whom he has sometimes been compared.  Rashan Gary also played at 280, but is a couple inches taller.  Might he be able to carry an extra 20 lbs if he plays inside?  Speculation is that Oliver is maxed out as far as his playing weight is concerned.  The combine will tell a lot.

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Gary is intriguing. I can’t wait to see his combine #s.  I feel like he’s got untapped potential.... Otherwise he’ll be on a different team after 4 years.

I also like Jeffery Simmons.

I think some people under value Jeffery Simmons.  

20 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My understanding is that Oliver actually played at abouyt 280 and is not as strong as Aaron Donald, the player to whom he has sometimes been compared.  Rashan Gary also played at 280, but is a couple inches taller.  Might he be able to carry an extra 20 lbs if he plays inside?  Speculation is that Oliver is maxed out as far as his playing weight is concerned.  The combine will tell a lot.

I think some people under value Jeffery Simmons.  

Because Simmons beats women.  But for the nfl, that really isn’t a red flag.

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because Simmons beats women.  But for the nfl, that really isn’t a red flag.

The video was of a high school incident, actually, after he graduated, but before he made it to Mississippi State.  I don't condone it, but I also don't believe in taking away a guy's whole life because he did something stupid when he was a kid.  In the same incident, the girl was arrested for disturbing the peace, and Simmons has been a choir boy during his college career.  He was known for his volunteer work.

https://mississippitoday.org/2018/11/28/jeffery-simmons-a-story-of-redemption/

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The video was of a high school incident.  I don't condone it, but I also don't believe in taking away a guy's whole life because he did something stupid when he was a kid.  In the same incident, the girl was arrested for disturbing the peace, and Simmons has been a choir boy during his college career.  He was known for his volunteer work.

Some things, I can’t overlook. That video is awful if he is a midget.  He is a monster beating a women.  It makes me sick that Joe Mixon is in the league.  The nfl’s priorities are so jacked up.

i don’t care about the Bills winning that badly where I can root for a guy like that.  Don’t worry, the Cowboys will give him a chance. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ed Oliver. We could line him up anywhere along the DL and let him wreak havoc.  Impact player.  

No chance Bosa, Q Williams or Josh Allen will be there.  

Anyone else isnt worth not trading down for ino.  The tackle options are solid, yet wouldn’t be BPA imo.  The DTs other than Oliver are good but not spectacular in my current opinion.  Ferrell could be the only other guy I could get excited about but would still rather trade down.  Devin Bush or Devin White?  Great player but plays a position I think we may be set in.  Unless they wanted the luxury of playing Edmunds at SLB and Bush/white ILB, Milano WLB.  Ehhh. 

Is there just ONE guy that you’re focusing on and hope that we get?  

The chances of the Beane Counter staying put are slim and none.The 85 million he has in savings will help,but remember what he said when he came here..

"You have to build from the draft".

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

No, you just ignore. And he was drafted where?

You still haven't acknowledged the first sentence in my OP of this thread.

I acknowledged it in my first post...I just gave it a  "so what"?

2 280 lb. guys who together didn't produce what Aaron Donald did in college.

But you're basing similarities because they all weigh 280lbs?

mmmkay

To answer your second question, Donald was drafted around 12th in 2014

Again, so what?

Is there a point here? If we draft either Gary or Oliver at 9, either one becomes Aaron Donald?

Because whoever it is..he'd weigh about the same and would actually be drafted higher?

I'm not seeing an actual point here.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Some things, I can’t overlook. That video is awful if he is a midget.  He is a monster beating a women.  It makes me sick that Joe Mixon is in the league.  The nfl’s priorities are so jacked up.

i don’t care about the Bills winning that badly where I can root for a guy like that.  Don’t worry, the Cowboys will give him a chance. 

So the Bills acquiring Kareem Hunt is a big NO???

3 hours ago, CookieG said:

I acknowledged it in my first post...I just gave it a  "so what"?

2 280 lb. guys who together didn't produce what Aaron Donald did in college.

But you're basing similarities because they all weigh 280lbs?

mmmkay

To answer your second question, Donald was drafted around 12th in 2014

Again, so what?

Is there a point here? If we draft either Gary or Oliver at 9, either one becomes Aaron Donald?

Because whoever it is..he'd weigh about the same and would actually be drafted higher?

I'm not seeing an actual point here.

I think you're still missing it. His words were, "Not comparing talent, only weight".

And you immediately started talking about Donald's talent and production. And have continued to do so ever since, when he clearly was only trying to say that being effective at DT at 280 is very much possible.

Kyle Williams played very well at 303 and these days Oliver is listed at 295. Jay Ratliff was a four-time Pro Bowler and one-time All-Pro DT who played very well at many weights from 287 - 303 and just retired after the 2015 season.

Edited by Thurman#1