If we stay at 9, the only player I’d really be happy with is...

NewEra

Ed Oliver. We could line him up anywhere along the DL and let him wreak havoc.  Impact player.  

No chance Bosa, Q Williams or Josh Allen will be there.  

Anyone else isnt worth not trading down for ino.  The tackle options are solid, yet wouldn’t be BPA imo.  The DTs other than Oliver are good but not spectacular in my current opinion.  Ferrell could be the only other guy I could get excited about but would still rather trade down.  Devin Bush or Devin White?  Great player but plays a position I think we may be set in.  Unless they wanted the luxury of playing Edmunds at SLB and Bush/white ILB, Milano WLB.  Ehhh. 

Is there just ONE guy that you’re focusing on and hope that we get?  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ed Oliver. We could line him up anywhere along the DL and let him wreak havoc.  Impact player.  

Anyone else isnt worth not trading down for ino.  The tackle options are solid, yet wouldn’t be BPA imo.  The DTs other than Oliver are good but not spectacular in my current opinion.  Ferrell could be the only other guy I could get excited about but would still rather trade down.  Devin Bush or Devin White?  Great player but plays a position I think we may be set in.  Unless they wanted the luxury of playing Edmunds at SLB and Bush/white ILB, Milano WLB.  Ehhh. 

I’m a little concerned about Oliver’s (under) size.  A DT at his size HAS to be dynamic and you have to realize that your run D is likely to suffer if you are playing a 280lb DT.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m a little concerned about Oliver’s (under) size.  A DT at his size HAS to be dynamic and you have to realize that your run D is likely to suffer if you are playing a 280lb DT.

Not comparing talent, only weight...Aaron Donald has made a nice living moving up and down the d-line at around 280 lbs.

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

But he was wearing a jacket on the sideline!!!

i agree that he is the player at 9 who has a chance to be the best player in the draft.  I would prefer a trade down but I could definitely live with him.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I realize it.  And I’m ok with it because of his potential as a pass rusher.  4th best player in the draft imo.  Wearing a jacket is his biggest con and will hopefully be the reason he’s a Bill.   I feel he can move around the line and play multiple techniques.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wagne591 said:

HOF DT John Randle played at 287lbs....in order for Oliver to play like a beast he needs a bigger motor and mor3driv3 imo.  

It’s also a much different nfl.  In 2010, there were 8 guys with 300 attempts (MJD had 299).  This year, there was 1.  One thing I worried about SM is he seems stuck in the past.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Aaron Donald is 6'1" 280.  What type of 280 is it.  Is he riped.

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NO... at this point, it's who I DON'T WANT... and that's Oliver. I did not like his childish stunt on the sideline over a jacket, combined with the fact we don't need to draft a DL so damn high. Anyone but that guy...

Sorry but that doesnt bother me much.  I want Suh not McCargo.

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

NO... at this point, it's who I DON'T WANT... and that's Oliver. I did not like his childish stunt on the sideline over a jacket, combined with the fact we don't need to draft a DL so damn high. Anyone but that guy...

Funny, Houston fired the coach.  

If a jacket bothers you that much, don’t dig too deep on past Bills teams.  There was a lot worse than hacker blowups.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ultimately you win throwing the ball or effecting the passer. It’s got to either be a weapon for Allen or someone that is going to rush the passer.

as offensive lineman are slower to develop with limited contact in practice - give me vets to protect and snag a receiver or pass rusher top 10

• Like (+1) 4

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There are quite a few I would be happy with at 9.  If a team identifies a player as one they covet, there is no wrong spot to take them.  Trade downs are great, but the reality is there are several factors when considering a trade to get the same player you would take at (in this scenario) #9.  

1. Is there anyone who wants to trade up to our spot?
  2. Would we still be able to get one of our coveted players at the new draft spot if we trade down or are they expected to be gone before that pick?
  3. If we trade down, is there someone else likely to try and leap frog us and draft the player we covet?

Now, there are a number of things working in our favor this year for a potential trade down

• Defensively top heavy, meaning our spot should be a good spot to nab a QB.
  • Washington has a bad prognosis on Alex Smith, so we could be a perfect trade partner.
    • Additionally, Redskis are at 15 and if we covet a WR, there are no teams between 10 and 14 expected to draft a WR, so we should have our pick of one at 15.  
    • Furthermore, this is a deep WR class with the top 7 WRs all closely bunched up, so not likely someone will trade UP for one into picks 10-14 to leap frog us.  There isn't huge gaps between any of the grades of the top 7 WRs or so.  So less incentive to move up for one.  

So I am actually mocking the Bills to trade down with the Redskins at 15 and I think the pick will be a WR, and my choice (before the combines) right now is N'Keal Harry.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Really? I find it ridiculous that the coach went at him like that. The guy is presumably 22 years old. This is a terrible reason to avoid him IMO.

Not saying Oliver was totally in the right; just seems rather petty.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Not comparing talent, only weight...Aaron Donald has made a nice living moving up and down the d-line at around 280 lbs.

Aaron Donald also dominated in college. His last year at Pitt, he had over 2 dozen TFL's and about a dozen sacks.   And afterward, he showed up at the Senior Bowl and proved impossible to block.

There's a lot of 6' 2", 265 DE's...but that doesn't make them Bruce.

As a final note, Donald played very well since he came in the league. He's been a PB;er, or All Pro, since his 2nd year. And he's played on some good D's.

But they never had a winning record until they got their offense working.  

Fix the problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Aaron Donald also dominated in college. His last year at Pitt, he had over 2 dozen TFL's and about a dozen sacks.   And afterward, he showed up at the Senior Bowl and proved impossible to block.

There's a lot of 6' 2", 265 DE's...but that doesn't make them Bruce.

As a final note, Donald played very well since he came in the league. He's been a PB;er, or All Pro, since his 2nd year. And he's played on some good D's.

But they never had a winning record until they got their offense working.  

Fix the problem.

Did you miss my first sentence?

And, Donald was chosen where? Your hindsight is blurring your vision.  If everyone knew he was superman like you did wouldn't he have been drafted higher.

• Like (+1) 1