Barnwell has Bills at 6 wins in 2019

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

who gives a ***** what this guy thinks?>

This!

Plus, how does anyone have a clue about the upcoming season while not looking at free agent, draft, walk on acquisitions?

Waaaaaay early for any predictions for this years outcomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What about 20-0? Maybe multiple teams in the AFC go 16-0 and the Bills end up in a WC game based on some tiebreakers. Set your sights higher!

It's impossible with the current schedule makeup to have more than two 16-0 teams in one conference.  I would like to see a year though where two 16-0 teams play in the conference championship.  Knowing our luck. if we ever did go undefeated we'd be the visiting team.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's impossible with the current schedule makeup to have more than two 16-0 teams in one conference.  I would like to see a year though where two 16-0 teams play in the conference championship.  Knowing our luck. if we ever did go undefeated we'd be the visiting team.

nobody cares about a perfect season, sometimes it can't be avoided to get near it, but the more recent contenders have deliberately tanked it away

i will take your word that it can't be 2 in the same Conf, even if they had to do it for HFA.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

nobody cares about a perfect season, sometimes it can't be avoided to get near it, but the more recent contenders have deliberately tanked it away

i will take your word that it can't be 2 in the same Conf, even if they had to do it for HFA.

The '72 Dolphins care.  I said more than two.  Two teams can go 16-0 in the same conference. 

3 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

This isn't even a prediction, it's a prediction of the Vegas prediction. Welcome to silly season!

Correct. Usually we wait till after the Super Bowl to star this bs. It would be fair to say that at this point - with rosters at least 50% unsettled for just about every team - the only sensible projection we could make is something like this:

- weight previous year’s record 50%

- regress 50% to the mean (that is, 8-8)

So that would leave the Bills at a projected 7-9. Great insight ....

.... a more stats savvy projection might also factor in strength of the division I suppose, but the likely gain in accuracy would be minimal, or maybe even worse than minimal as you’d be confounding your projection with other uncertain variables. Barnwell is stats savvy, which is why he must know this is a stupid exercise, but hey, the editors demand content, and there’s only so much you can write about whether the Rams optimized their 4th and short decisions this year ...

On 1/28/2019 at 7:09 PM, PIZ said:

I would said that's a good prediction for 2018, but 2019 will be much better in my opinion.  Get the OL taken care of, add a few WRs, a RB, a DT, a CB, and a LB and they'll get 10 wins.  With FA and the draft, they should be in good shape in 2019.

All the Bills need to do is make sure they get impact players at each of those positions and they'll get their 10 wins.  Easy Peasy.