Barnwell has Bills at 6 wins in 2019

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

goodness you are quite the pedant

when Derek Anderson was the QB and Peterman was the other option and Allen was hurt......

glad you have totally forgotten it and live now knowing the whole time it would get 6 wins, which really sucks, nothing to be proud of

I think you're misunderstanding my point. 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, they could have given us a game. In the sense that they could have used the same field at the same time and put eleven men on it.

We'd have destroyed them utterly.

There were no pros on those two teams, unless you want to count a few likely under-the-table payments from boosters to twenty-one year olds and younger. Some future pros. But no pros.

Our best WR couldn’t see the field at Bama. 

Quinnten Williams is better then anyone on our Dline

Johan Williams is better then anyone on our Oline

i could go on

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean re read the first part again.  You guys are really surprised national media isn’t going crazy about Allen?

and the same thing is happening in Arizona with Rosen.  Most people here say Rosen sucks but they are doing the same thing with him than we are doing with Allen. 

the reason some people were saying Rosen sucks was because the Rosen fans said Allen sucks

tit for tat  you have to sift the wheat from the chaff or however that goes 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

6 seemed grossly over-the-top by the end of week 2

It did, indeed! 

The sharp contrast between the beginning of the year and the end of the year I find encouraging, both in terms of the team as a whole and the performance of Allen. Those QB comparisons would be more interesting to me if they were broken down by pre-injury and post-injury. 

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Play of Allen towards the end of the year was encouraging, play as a whole? 

They lost to the Jets at home and got their asses handed in a measuring stick game against the Patriots who slept walked the whole game. 

We all knew it would be.....ummmm.....a process. 

All I wanted to see all year long was progress. I think we saw that. Now, we still have a long way to go, and I’m far from positive about anything, but I am certainly encouraged. He wasn’t my first choice by any means, but I was all behind him after the pick. Let’s hope it keeps getting better. 

22 hours ago, PIZ said:

I would said that's a good prediction for 2018, but 2019 will be much better in my opinion.  Get the OL taken care of, add a few WRs, a RB, a DT, a CB, and a LB and they'll get 10 wins.  With FA and the draft, they should be in good shape in 2019.

I'm not overly optimistic that they get this done. A total OL overhaul is going to take at least 2 offseasons and enticing high caliber players in those other positions won't be easy. We might end up like the Jets with little progress and a ton of money left over. I really hope I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They traded up for Zay.  They traded for Jordan Matthews.  They signed Kerley and cut him.  They signed Boldin.  They already are on OC #2.  They paid a 30 yo back up rb $3 million.

they have sucked on offensive moves.  They need to be much, much, much better.

Don't forget they signed the worst rated tackle and he didn't even last the season.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's good for a change to feel there is potential to build something legit over the next 3 or so years

I feel like there’s something there too. I may be trying to hard, but this does feel kinda different. Either way, I’m excited to see what happens next year. Football is supposed to be fun. I’m making the decision to keep it that way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, teef said:

I feel like there’s something there too. I may be trying to hard, but this does feel kinda different. Either way, I’m excited to see what happens next year. Football is supposed to be fun. I’m making the decision to keep it that way. 

my cynical heart is opening up to possibilities with Allen and a decent coaching staff with a plan....  means a lot you agree....

:D

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the reason some people were saying Rosen sucks was because the Rosen fans said Allen sucks

tit for tat  you have to sift the wheat from the chaff or however that goes 

That’s childish.  I didn’t want Allen before draft bit my opinion of Rosen had no impact on how I viewed Allen.  He was exciting but had some serious flaws. I thought Rosen would be better out of the gate so he has a ton of work to do.  

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They traded up for Zay.  They traded for Jordan Matthews.  They signed Kerley and cut him.  They signed Boldin.  They already are on OC #2.  They paid a 30 yo back up rb $3 million.

they have sucked on offensive moves.  They need to be much, much, much better.

They also drafted Allen, found Foster undrafted, drafted Dawkins, and Teller might be a find later in the draft so its not all negative. I think they have to be better BUT they have not had an offensive signing greater than 3 million dollars. So its a bit hard to say they won't be able to upgrade the offense given more resources. Its not that you can't find players on the cheap on offense but rather that it is harder to do so when you are bargain basement shopping. 

I am skeptical of the front office's ability to sign free agents but I would say that the context of them not having many high AAV signings does give you some context that maybe if they actually had money to spend the results could be better. 

Edited by billsfan89

Just now, billsfan89 said:

They also drafted Allen, found Foster undrafted, drafted Dawkins, and Teller might be a find later in the draft so its not all negative. I think they have to be better BUT they have not had an offensive signing greater than 3 million dollars. So its a bit hard to say they won't be able to upgrade the offense given more resources. Its not that you can't find players on the cheap on offense but rather that it is harder to do so when you are bargain basement shopping. 

I am skeptical of the front office's ability to sign free agents but I would say that the context of them not having many high AAV signings does give you some context to it. 

They cut Foster, Teller has a lot to prove, and I like Dawkins but there are questions about him as a long term LT.

i will not question them defensively with moves. They been really good.  But they suck on the offensive side of the ball.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They cut Foster, Teller has a lot to prove, and I like Dawkins but there are questions about him as a long term LT.

i will not question them defensively with moves. They been really good.  But they suck on the offensive side of the ball.

They haven't put much resources into signing players on offense. They spent so little on offensive players the past two off-seasons. Their bigger moves and signings have skewed more towards the defense for sure. So is it a matter of them outright sucking or simply not having put the big dollars into it? I am not saying you are wrong but I think any GM whose biggest AAV signing was 3 million would have a hard time finding players there. 

22 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They haven't put much resources into signing players on offense. They spent so little on offensive players the past two off-seasons. Their bigger moves and signings have skewed more towards the defense for sure. So is it a matter of them outright sucking or simply not having put the big dollars into it? I am not saying you are wrong but I think any GM whose biggest AAV signing was 3 million would have a hard time finding players there. 

So the plan was to Draft a raw rookie, only keep a 2nd year qb who was historically awful, and then not really devote for resources to the offense??? Does that make you feel better about them going forward?