Barnwell has Bills at 6 wins in 2019

58 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You guys are so sensitive. I was never a Tyrod fan but it’s pretty easy to see why national media likes hkm better than Bills fans.  He had a winning record with he crappy Bills, which is a miracle in some people’s eyes.  He was a solid game manager who won’t lose you games.  Obviously, we know how limited he is but you could argue that a peak TT game manger season might have got us to the playoffs this year.

that said, it was time to move on.  

I too did not hate Tyrod but that comment got to me mainly because I watched the playoff game against Jax last year and thought we would have won if we had a QB other than Taylor.

55 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m telling you man, it’s not.  Feel free to look back. Turnovers, especially fumbles, are fairly fluky.

and my main point of the defense is, as weird as it sounds, a better offense will hurt defense stats.  The Rams have a better defense than the stats indicated but teams can’t just go into kill the clock mood agaisntvthem. 

Fairly fluky but... Buff has been top 10 in takeaways 5 of the last 5 years.  KC 4 of 5.  NE 4 of 5 (11th in the 5th year.)  SEA 3 of 5 (11th in a 4th year.)  A few other teams have multiple years over the last 5.

Way too early to predict anything. Free agency and the draft hasn’t even come yet.

That said, 6 wins gets McDermott on the hot seat for 2020. I think the goal next year needs to be 10-6. With a few additions in free agency and a hit or two in the draft, There’s no reason not to think Josh Allen can make that next step with a better line and better targets and get to 10 wins.

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I too did not hate Tyrod but that comment got to me mainly because I watched the playoff game against Jax last year and thought we would have won if we had a QB other than Taylor.

or a defense who could stop QB from running.

17 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Fire everybody now

Better just to just move team if new city will pay the penalty for moving.  Get a fresh set of fans.

I mean.... I get it because it’s the bills and they have been perennial losers. 

But with that being said. They finished with 6 wins last year. That includes 2 games thrown away due to Nate peterman. I can’t see any scenario that next years team gets worse and I have a very hard time seeing them not improve with a qb coming into his 2nd year, a top ten pick, and 80 mil in cap space.

i’ll take the over all day there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Since we haven’t had 10 wins in 20 years, this would be a hell of a season. Hope you’re right!

Yeah, our O/U will be either 6.5 or 5.5.  Odds are we won’t have the #2 defense again.  But the hope is the offense can be better than one of the worst.  And Allen taking the next step.

Also haven’t had the kind of talent at QB in 20 years that we seem to be set with now, so I’ll happily take those odds. Ideally though, someone here should bet 5K against the Bills winning more than 6 games, so we can be doubly sure it happens. :flirt:

I believe our 2019 regular season opponents are:

Home: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Redskins
Away: Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Browns, Steelers, Titans, Cowboys, Giants

So wins: 2-Dolphins, 1 Jets (better odds to take both if we fix our ST's that handed the 1 game to them last year on a plate), 1-Bengals, 1-Broncos, 1-Redskins

Probable Losses: 2-NE (unless we can break the damn curse), 1-Steelers, 1-Cowboys, 1-Giants, 1-Eagles (teams that just are more complete and can really run the ball)

Toss-up: 1-Jets, 1-Ravens, 1-Browns, 1-Titans, 

So taking six would be about right....I am hoping that we can win them all (of course).

2 hours ago, mannc said:

A six-win season in 2019 would spell  end of the McBeane era—or at least, it should.

Yeah, a six win season would be REALLY disappointing.  It would put a lot of pressure on the Pegulas, because the fans would be calling for McBeane's heads.   It would test the Pegulas guts:  do they REALLY believe McBeane can do it, or should they cut their losses and move on.   

I think they swallow really hard and ride them through 2020.  But it wouldn't be an easy decision.  

Imagine if Allen looks good AND they win 6 games.   Then what do you do?   Thank them for drafting Allen and fire them so that someone who knows how to win with a good QB can take over?   Or let them have 2020 and see if they can produce a real winner?    

Tough calls for the Pegulas.   I hope the Bills are 8-8 or better, and then they wouldn't have to face the decision. 

Moronic prediction and shows he knows nothing about the Bills.

Buffalo won 6 games this year, and that was with the following conditions:

1. Our starting QB missing 4 games.
  2. Having to start Nathan Peterman and Derek Anderson multiple times. 
  3. Having dead weight over half the year at WR in Kelvin Benjamin starting.
  4. Losing 3 starting and Pro Bowl OL in one off season.
  5. Being one play away from a win in two games we lost:  Mia when Clay dropped the TD and another against Jets when ST fumbled the game away.
  6. Having a kid who cant even buy a beer Quarterbacking our Defense in Edmunds
  7. Having very little weapons around our starting QB

We have 10 draft picks, possibly more if we trade down with Redskins like I think we will, and $90m in cap room.  Our top end defense is mostly remaining in tact with tons of young talent improving on it and our offense will be rebuild with new talent on the line and at the skill positions.  

To predict the same 6 win season now seems stupid.  Just my 2 cents.  I think we will have a winning record next year as long as Josh starts all 16 games.

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... I get it because it’s the bills and they have been perennial losers. 

But with that being said. They finished with 6 wins last year. That includes 2 games thrown away due to Nate peterman. I can’t see any scenario that next years team gets worse and I have a very hard time seeing them not improve with a qb coming into his 2nd year, a top ten pick, and 80 mil in cap space.

i’ll take the over all day there. 

I agree.   I just posted about what happens if they win 6, but I , see it happening.   As someone said, it will be tough to have the number 2 defense again, but I expect Edmunds will become an impact player.  I think their ranking might fall, but I think their explosiveness will increase.  Allen almost certainly will be better - a year's experience, a full off-season, first team reps all summer, better line and better receivers.  

The team is set up to succeed, and it's up to the coaches to deliver.  

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To say this is a tad premature is like saying it get's cold in the winter in Buffalo.  I mean seriously can't this guy go cover some basketball?

We've yet to have the draft and the Bills are loaded down with enough cap space to make King Midas jealous.  And last I looked we  haven't even signed a first free agent yet.  Is it me or does espn get leas relevant every year? 

This prediction business is easy.

over/under on Yankees winning future World Series is 1.

Edited by cba fan