Barnwell has Bills at 6 wins in 2019

the over / under is 8 with today's roster based on how they exited the last quarter of the season; clearly it is 9 post-draft and FA as they are not losing anyone (other than Kyle) to FA this year who matters.  So its only gain in terms of next years roster vs the roster that performed well for the last 4 games.  

I'd go play next years schedule with the current roster and probably win 8 games.  The only thing that happened bad this year was they needed about 3 or 4 more games to play....

Trust the Process.   Barring serious injuries to irreplaceable players like QB or half your o line  (which trashes any teams season) , next year is going to be great. 

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Since we haven’t had 10 wins in 20 years, this would be a hell of a season. Hope you’re right!

Yeah, our O/U will be either 6.5 or 5.5.  Odds are we won’t have the #2 defense again.  But the hope is the offense can be better than one of the worst.  And Allen taking the next step.

Didnt some people on here say we wouldnt have a good D this past season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So because BB isn’t going nuts about our QBs who had a 52% and 68 qb rating, you act his appearance? You seem rational. 

Nah, it's just what you say when you don't like an opinion and want to be mad about something.  

To say this is a tad premature is like saying it get's cold in the winter in Buffalo.  I mean seriously can't this guy go cover some basketball?

We've yet to have the draft and the Bills are loaded down with enough cap space to make King Midas jealous.  And last I looked we  haven't even signed a first free agent yet.  Is it me or does espn get leas relevant every year? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Didt some people on here say we wouldnt have a good D this past season.

Who?  I definitely won’t have predicted #2 but I knew it was going to be better than last year because we didn’t lose anyone.

a guy like Barnwell uses analytics for a lot of his stuff.  A reason he had the Bills falling back this year is because turnovers are fluky.  I could still see the Bills having a top 10 defense.  Another thing about defense rankings is teams took the pedal off against us in some of our blow out losses.  Hopefully, with a better offense and maybe some more leads, our defense ranking may fall back, but we will be a better overall team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

He spent years holding Tyrod’s jock.   

Guy is clueless 

You guys are so sensitive. I was never a Tyrod fan but it’s pretty easy to see why national media likes hkm better than Bills fans.  He had a winning record with he crappy Bills, which is a miracle in some people’s eyes.  He was a solid game manager who won’t lose you games.  Obviously, we know how limited he is but you could argue that a peak TT game manger season might have got us to the playoffs this year.

that said, it was time to move on.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who?  I definitely won’t have predicted #2 but I knew it was going to be better than last year because we didn’t lose anyone.

a guy like Barnwell uses analytics for a lot of his stuff.  A reason he had the Bills falling back this year is because turnovers are fluky.  I could still see the Bills having a top 10 defense.  Another thing about defense rankings is teams took the pedal off against us in some of our blow out losses.  Hopefully, with a better offense and maybe some more leads, our defense ranking may fall back, but we will be a better overall team.

Turnovers are fluky is the exact same thing that was said last offseason.  Teams with playmakers take the ball away consistantly.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Turnovers are fluky is the exact same thing that was said last offseason.  Teams with playmakers take the ball away consistantly.

I’m telling you man, it’s not.  Feel free to look back. Turnovers, especially fumbles, are fairly fluky.

and my main point of the defense is, as weird as it sounds, a better offense will hurt defense stats.  The Rams have a better defense than the stats indicated but teams can’t just go into kill the clock mood agaisntvthem. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think the schedule is pretty much known at this point.  We just don’t know how good the teams will be right now.

You are right but we don’t know how balanced it will be.   The lopsided away games early in the year did not do us any favors in my opinion.