Raiders to Season Ticket Holders: “We don’t know where we’re playing this year” (Update: Back to Oakland)

YoloinOhio

Bold strategy, Cotton...

With no lease for the stadium in Oakland — or anywhere else — in place, the Raiders have begun the process of calling season ticket holders and telling them that they don’t know where they are going to play next season, but ticket representatives will stay in touch

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 4

Well that must make pretty hard to sell tickets!

Too bad they tore down San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium and Candlestick Park - especially Candlestick.  It was just recently demolished (2014-2015) and nothing is being done with the land.

I’m thinking the Raiders will wind up at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley.  It holds 63,000, and the UC Golden Bears don’t play there on Sundays.

Edited by The Senator

https://www.samboydstadium.com/

It has also been suggested that Sam Boyd Stadium could serve as a temporary home for the Raiders should fan support in Oakland fall to levels that could not reasonably be accommodated at the facility (the Los Angeles Chargers came to a similar arrangement and played at the StubHub Center, a stadium that is even smaller than Sam Boyd Stadium, while in the 1990s the Tennessee Oilers came to a similar arrangement in Nashville after they left an apathetic Memphis market before their new stadium was ready). The exact future of the stadium remains up in the air, as UNLV officials are considering selling it or turning it into a Raiders practice facility.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Boyd_Stadium

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Levi’s an option to lease? 

Seems like it could impact FA too not knowing where they will be 

Spend a year in a warm weather, tax free state. That can’t hurt! It could be a Texas HS stadium if the $$$ and weather are right.  ?

Whenever I feel bad about the Bills, I get happy than I’m not a Raiders fan.

the sad part is they probably will be one of the richest franchises in a few years.  I feel bad for fans of a team that moves (except the Jags) but the Vegas Raiders are going to blow up.  

The Raiders have bungled this move tremendously.  That being said, the blame for the move rests clearly on the city of Oakland and the state.  The team has tried to get support to build a new stadium in Oakland for several years.  When they changed their focus to a move away from Oakland, they had little trouble finding a good deal.  Having had the misfortune to attend a game in that stadium, I don't blame Davis for taking this extreme measure.  As some other posts have indicated, there are options.  The Chargers had to deal with this problem and did not have great options either.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whenever I feel bad about the Bills, I get happy than I’m not a Raiders fan.

the sad part is they probably will be one of the richest franchises in a few years.  I feel bad for fans of a team that moves (except the Jags) but the Vegas Raiders are going to blow up.  

I’ve talked to both of those guys, and I think they’ll get over it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

Well that must make pretty hard to sell tickets!

Too bad they tore down San Francisco’s Kezar Stadium and Candlestick Park - especially Candlestick.  It was just recently demolished (2014-2015) and nothing is being done with the land.

I’m thinking the Raiders will wind up at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley.  It holds 63,000, and the UC Golden Bears don’t play there on Sundays.

Berkeley is a pain with all of it's hills.

They'd be better off playing at Stanford. Although they could wind up at the stadium where the San Francisco Giants play baseball.

I see them sharing the Cardinals' facility in Glendale.

After what's been happening with the Chargers I just don't see the NFL putting them in an undersized stadium.  StubHub Center has been a disaster.  It'd give the Chiefs and Broncos two away games that are essentially home games.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They should just play at Sam Boyd this year in Vegas.  That to me is a no brainer.

It makes sense, but it would have to be the worst NFL venue of all time. That place is a complete dump. It's one year though, so meh.